What can you open a business in the city
Despite the ongoing urbanization and the outflow of people and capital to cities, the countryside remains an attractive place for investment. Even a person who has no experience in running his own business can try to open a business in the countryside.
Not all of the ideas below are equally applicable in different environments. Before developing a business plan, you need to carefully study all the characteristics of a rural settlement: population size, its composition, main types of employment, purchasing power; the size and number of streets; distances to district and regional centers. It is necessary to assess not only the situation in the selected settlement, but also the conjuncture of the entire region as a whole.
Assessing the competition in the chosen niche is also an important step. In many cases, small businesses in rural areas do not imply large coverage, so the direction may turn out to be unprofitable even if there are one or two entrenched competitors in the market.
The search for suppliers of raw materials and buyers of products is carried out before the implementation of the plan, and not during it, since it is impossible to make money without regular and reliable customers in any area of activity.
It is important to know: in order to avoid fines from the state, the case must be officially registered in the form of individual entrepreneurship or a backyard farm.
A large number of opportunities open up for a potential entrepreneur in the countryside: a business can be conducted in agriculture and at home, with minimal and medium investment, with and without professional skills.
Ideas with minimal investment
Agriculture and Livestock
There is a misconception that small business ideas are more difficult to implement in rural areas than in cities. In fact, doing business in the countryside is a much more promising option. In addition, the opening costs are much lower. At least due to the fact that labor resources and land are cheaper here.
The development of agriculture is beneficial, first of all, for the economy of our country. Taking into account the constant sanctions and the crisis in Russia, more and more often there is a reorientation to the domestic market, that is, to those products that were produced in our country. This means that the governing bodies are much more loyal to such entrepreneurs.
At the same time, you should understand that you shouldn't expect a quick profit. After all, poultry, animals and crops must first be grown, and then sold.
TOP-interesting ideas of small business in the village
We have previously written an article about business in the countryside. This time, let's touch on other ideas that are no less effective for a budding entrepreneur.
Honey is a product that is in demand all year round. In addition to honey, you will sell propolis, beeswax, pollen, and more. All of these are both treats and effective medicines.
Your apiary will pay off already in the first season. The largest number of sales can be expected from October to November.
In villages, there is often a shortage of important goods: food, clothing, toys, household items. Often there is one shop for the whole village, where a little of everything is sold.
If you adhere to the idea that the business in the village is not promising, and the profit that it can bring is extremely small, then you are not sufficiently aware of the issue and do not have information about the real resources and opportunities for launching a business ... Of course, you will not be able to immediately reach a decent level of income - it will take a lot of time and effort to implement a business idea from scratch, but in the end everything will pay off.
So, the main advantages of starting a business in rural areas
Availability of space. A private country house, a garage and an adjacent garden area is an excellent opportunity to organize any business. You can set up a small workshop in your home without fear that the noise will disturb your neighbors, arrange a warehouse of finished products right in your yard, and so on. The entire area is completely at your disposal.
Availability of resources. The land itself, on which one can grow vegetables and fruits, raise animals and engage in many other activities, is itself a scarce resource for an urban person, and there is still all kinds of agricultural implements that cannot be obtained anywhere except in the village.
What kind of business to start from scratch in the village
Benefits we have named, now is the time to find out how exactly to use them. There are several proven ideas for your judgment that will help a budding entrepreneur start their own business in the countryside.
People really enjoy buying household products, so you won't be short of customers. Chickens, geese and other birds are unpretentious in food and do not require special care, although you should still have some knowledge. It is best to sell finished products (meat and eggs) on the market on your own, or by hiring a distributor. Alternatively, you can trade live chicks, but there are much more problems with them during transportation.
This type of activity can be carried out in an urban setting, but in a village this enterprise is much more profitable. Firstly, because of the ability to independently grow food for cooking. Secondly, because there will be much more space and suitable conditions for their storage. Almost in any private country house there is a cellar where you can put ready-made conservation so that it does not deteriorate.
Environmentally friendly products
If you've ever been to a grocery market, no matter as a buyer or a seller, you probably saw people who meticulously ask the merchants standing at the counters: “Is your potato greenhouse?”, “A have you used chemicals for fertilization? " and stuff like that. People are very worried about their own health and the possible harm that poor-quality food can cause. So why not give them what they ask for, growing only naturally?
Residents living in rural areas do not have the opportunity to fully work at enterprises. If the settlement is located near the city, then the employee can come to the city every day.
However, not all villages are located near enterprises. And with the collapse of the country, collective and state farms ceased to exist.
Therefore, it is difficult for residents to find a job. They are faced with the question of what to do and what kind of business in the village will be in demand.
Many have moved to live in cities where it is easier to find work. However, a significant part of young families remained in the countryside.
Besides, some townspeople for one reason or another move to live in the village. And they think about how to create a business in the countryside and provide their family with the means for a fulfilling life.
Business in the countryside from scratch - where to start and how to succeed
The development of entrepreneurship in a small village has its own characteristics. If the city requires significant investments, even with the availability of premises, then in the village you can do business without investing large funds.
The main advantages of rural business development include:
- There is practically no rent;
- Cheap labor;
- Any business that can be done will be in demand;
- You can start without start-up capital or require minimal investment. In the future, you can earn income, and use the surplus for the development of a mini-business;
- You can develop your subsidiary farm to an industrial scale;
- Large selection of areas. In addition to growing environmentally friendly products (which is now in demand), you can organize rural tourism. Residents of megalopolises travel with great pleasure to the countryside, where they can taste the freshest food, feed or milk the animals. They are willing to pay good money for this;
- A full cycle can be organized. From growing to selling to the end consumer.
But with all the listed advantages, there are also disadvantages:
- Distance from the sales market. And this means additional costs for transport;
- Difficulties with the sale of large quantities of goods;
- Seasonality of production. Most of the work is done only in spring, summer and autumn. However, it is possible to organize year-round production as well. But for this it is necessary to create conditions or diversify production.
However, a novice entrepreneur should take into account not only seasonality, but also the specifics of the activity. There are areas where work is performed mainly by women.
You don't have to live in a big city to do your job. There are promising ideas for those who do not want to constantly be in a crowded metropolis, but prefer country life. The forestry business offers many different options for making a profit in a small settlement and expanding your business.
What kind of business can be opened in the village
The policy of small and medium-sized settlements is focused on self-sufficiency in everything necessary. It follows that for the success of the company, it is necessary to highlight the goods that are regularly purchased in cities, and to establish production / sales in the countryside. The second option is to import from the village what can only be produced there (timber, farming). Those who have organized their own business in the village note several advantages of the village business at once:
- Complete absence of competitors. The owner of the company occupies an empty niche, but uses the experience and best practices of similar organizations. Thus, the company's budget is not spent on differentiation from competitors.
- Help from local authorities. The administration is interested in attracting capital and developing the village.
- Small startup attachments. Renting premises, employees require less costs than in the city.
- Form of taxation of peasant farms (peasant farms). This method is convenient in reporting and allows you to involve relatives in business management.
Registering your business in a suburban village is a good idea with a small start-up capital. There are such disadvantages of rural entrepreneurship or “business in the forest”:
- Audience solvency. In villages, people usually do not need a lot of money, so the owner needs to conduct an audience analysis before starting. It is recommended to register a company in settlements with new buildings, assessing the development plan of the village and its development, highlighting potential competitors who will also assess the prospect.
- Distrust of residents to the new. This item does not apply to villages with large country houses and dachas, but will make itself felt in small villages. The firm that is engaged in production will not face such a problem. In addition, there is always the opportunity to take a franchise of a recognizable company.
Rural business has more advantages than disadvantages, but the company's success depends on the choice and analysis of the location, target audience, relations with local authorities, and the idea itself.
Growing fruits and vegetables for sale
Fresh vegetables and fruits are relevant all year round, despite the seasonality of the business. The assortment depends on the capabilities of the entrepreneur. When choosing, you need to consider:
- greenhouse size
- harvest time
- risks (insects, diseases, etc.)