Design Business Ideas
Design business ideas are currently profitable and successful. This business is thriving on the fact that people want to stand out with individual, unique and inimitable designs. Designer services are now in great demand. In this article you can find original design ideas for your business.
Benches that emit light
Luminous benches can become an original business idea in the field of design. They work by absorbing daylight. During the day, the benches are saturated with energy, and at night they spend it on the work of diodes.
The surfaces of the benches are made of plexiglass of various colors, and the support is made of wood or steel. The technical component of these benches is underground. This type of benches will help make changes to the landscape design of parks, private sectors.
In order for the consumer to know about your business, you need to advertise your business. This can be done with:
- newspapers ;
- television ;
- radio ;
- Internet ...
Positive feedback about your products in the press and on Internet sites also plays a big role in attracting customers.
To implement a design idea, you will need at least 500,000 rubles. There are practically no competitors in this area of business.
This design business idea is the production of personalized bicycle frames. The idea can be useful in big cities, where two-wheeled vehicles are often stolen.
Experts with a creative mind, who are engaged in the creation of unique interiors of residential and non-residential premises, are increasingly being asked for a high-quality service. This is a fashionable profitable business that does not require serious investments and binding to a specific workplace. There are many competitors, but good imagination and thorough preparation will help you get around them and succeed in design.
What the job is
In an elite society, it is believed that it is a common thing to use the services of an interior designer when decorating an apartment, club, restaurant, casino. And the more authoritative the candidate for this role, the more respectable the status of the customer will be. It is difficult for an aspiring designer to conquer the premium market, but there is no need to despair. Interior design has also penetrated the middle class market. It's easier to get started here. For work, you can cover all areas or choose one of the directions:
- Redesign. Without organizing repairs and serious investments, you are modifying the premises. This includes decorating, painting walls, changing furniture and textiles. Often this service is used by real estate companies to bring the premises being sold into a presentable look.
- Restoration. Antique furniture, fireplaces, stone walls, museum exhibits are being restored. The demand for the service is also great among clients with big money.
- Interior painting. Decoration of paintings, panels, creation of a unique texture of walls and ceilings. This is the work of an artist rather than a designer-constructor.
- Interior in a specific style. There are a lot of styles: country, baroque, African, constructivism, provence, new art, feng shui, hi-tech. If you have a fine sense of style, this is your option.
- The interior of a particular institution or room. It can be only restaurant design or exclusively work with bathrooms of residential buildings. In this case, you can improve your professionalism in a narrow direction, studying literature, the work of competitors.
Designer services are expensive. Separately, the price for planning and consultations is set (400-450 rubles per 1 sq. M), the creation of a 3D model of the future project (500 rubles / 1 sq. M), support of the entire process (from 500 rubles / 1 sq. M. ). You can also set fixed amounts for supervision or consultation, without taking into account the amount of work. In addition, a good surcharge should be assumed for the urgency of implementation. At the same time, you practically do not bear business costs.
There are some drawbacks in the work of an interior designer. Customers are different, everyone has their own tastes and preferences - it can be difficult to find a balance between your own creative vision and the customer's desire. An important point is that there is no guarantee of receiving an order until the preparation of an estimate and the conclusion of a contract. After inspecting the room, planning and calculating all costs, you can get a refusal for unmotivated reasons. In most cases, the designer accompanies the order to the very finish. That is, not only artistic skills and taste are needed, but also the ability to interact with builders. It can be difficult to convey your idea to them, and sometimes it physically cannot be embodied.
How to prepare for starting a business
To get started, you need to have the appropriate education. Courses on interior design are held for beginners in many cities and even on the Internet - their cost is 18-25 thousand rubles. Many schools provide their graduates with the opportunity to apply knowledge in practice: they introduce them to customers and partners, give recommendations for search and promotion. If your limited experience does not allow you to start your own design activity, you can get a job for a while in a studio, where teamwork with professionals and the use of special programs will give a clear idea of all the nuances. The next step is official registration. For a freelance designer, it is preferable to register as an individual entrepreneur. No design license required. It is easier for an entrepreneur to keep records, and there is no need to delve into the basics of accounting.
Designer Gadgets: What to Buy
- Telephone for communication (3-5 thousand rubles).
- Laptop (15-25 thousand rubles).
- Licensed software for design. Autodesk 3ds Max (17-25 thousand rubles), 3-D Room Planner, Autodesk Homestyler and others are popular.
- Car. Many customers live outside the city, it is difficult to do without a car.
- Design books and reference.
- Paper, tools, pencils, etc. - if rendering is done in freehand mode.
If you plan to confine yourself to consultations on the decoration of premises, you will only need special knowledge and the ability to get to your destination. But it is difficult for a beginner to start in this direction, because wealthy customers would prefer to give such work to a well-known designer with extensive experience.
Promotion in design is indispensable. Own, well-designed and illustrated in the form of a portfolio site is a prerequisite for success. Tell about yourself, your knowledge, work experience, skills, show the completed projects. Public pages on social networks and Instagram are also the right move. In addition, you can post ads on design forums, interior blogs, creative platforms. Brochures and flyers are a less respectable way to make yourself known, but if your services are designed for a population with an average income and you want to deal with the design of residential apartments, then it is quite acceptable. Be sure to design your business cards beautifully.
The first step is just to imagine what the room will look like after the end of the work. You can first contact a professional designer to show you how to increase the space and suggest your own options for decorating the room.
What to think about first?
- Consider the idea first. Perhaps there is a desire for the room to become such a place that would convey some feeling associated with some pleasant event or place;
- You can also start with a Photo of Your Dream Room - then you will need to view books, magazines, sites and programs that showcase design ideas. Then you can sketch or save in memory what you like, even write down the details of rooms, the design of which is closer to the desired style. This step will be a good help in both cases - if the services of a designer will be used, that is, it will be possible to clearly explain to him what you want, and if everything will be created by your own hands;
- It is worth starting with Historical Architecture and Design - if the design of a house (external) is committed to any one style, for example, a lovely Victorian, then inside it can be decorated in the same style.
The most important thing is not to be afraid to start! The work will involve completely with its head, and time will fly just at the speed of light.
How to start making what you want into reality?
To successfully design large rooms and design, you need to understand the elements of a large-scale design project, which include the following:
Color Design Basics is where you can learn a variety of color combinations and color rules. Don't be afraid of paints! They surround us in everyday life. You just need to look at the garden near your home, at the dinner plate or at the table - color is everywhere.
• Light - whether it is sunny or from a floor lamp, has a huge impact on the appearance of the room, as well as on the color.
- Space - any room has negative and positive aspects regarding space. Thanks to the competent planning of the space, the room can be made more functional and comfortable.
- Volume and shape. Shape is outline, and volume is three-dimensional. For example, a box is a square in shape, but a cube in volume.
- • Line — Applying vertical, curved, diagonal, and horizontal lines creates movement and direction in the room.
- Texture - any surface has a structure that is matte / glossy, rough / smooth, rough / soft.
- • Patterns - a variety of patterns and patterns should also correspond to the design in which the room is made, as well as the upholstery and shape of the furniture.
Everything that has been described above is used in order to create the perfect design of the room - with all accents, with maintaining color balance, proportions and scales and, most importantly, that all the details are combined with each other and harmoniously complemented each other.
Material on the topic: "Designer business idea" with full explanation and justification.
Business Idea - Interior Design
If you love decorating and your home attracts admiring comments from visitors, you have stacks of decor magazines lined with coffee tables and nightstands, home design shows are shown on TV all day (and night), and you are obsessed with buying home furnishings, then this might be the business for you. As an interior designer or decorator, you will help clients make their home or workspace comfortable, inviting, and reflective of their interests and personality.
You will deal with architects, contractors, painters, wallpaper and ceiling repairers, and buy all the elements that go into the overall style of the home, including window treatments and wall coverings, furniture, linens, and various decorative things that make accents in the interior. The advantages of this business are that you can work from home, the start-up costs are relatively low, and it is a challenging and creative endeavor.
And if you are a fan of decoration, this gives you the opportunity to renovate over and over again without destroying your own home and spending a fortune. You will need a strong sense of design and color and a good working knowledge of furniture, fabrics and wall coverings. You should also be aware of design trends and traditions. Good communication skills are important and organizational skills are a must - you will be coordinating artists and other types of contractors and furniture suppliers and you need to be ready on time for your daughter's wedding or other special event.
Your clients are owners of residential or commercial real estate. You can specialize in certain types of real estate such as restaurants, hotels, or offices, or you can work with all of these spaces as well as residential ones. Or you can specialize in the type of work you do - instead of completely redesigning the entire house, you can do a small redesign, redecorating a one-room apartment by rearranging the owner's furniture in a new way. Look for clients at the Chamber of Commerce and other local professional organizations. Send advertising brochures to architects and contractors, especially with proposals for those buildings that need decoration; watch out for phone calls. Place your ad on your local Yellow Pages. Volunteer to advertise yourself as a guest on local radio talk shows and as a presenter at sorority.
Some states require an interior designer license. Check with local authorities for local regulations. You will need a computer system with a laser printer and common software, a fax machine, samples of books, fabrics and wall coverings, and a tape measure. You can purchase a range of interior design programs that allow you to print floor plans, 3D room designs and even change colors. If you are computer friendly, look in stores for programs that work for you.
A new approach to opening an interior design studio
Interior design is a field that is becoming more and more popular. This is due to the rapid development of commercial construction: shopping, business centers, super and mega-markets. And repairs in apartments are rarely complete without the participation of a designer. Therefore, such a business is quite profitable and will provide a more than decent level of income. In this article we will try to figure out how to open an interior design studio from scratch and how much it will cost.
Nuances and problems of starting a business
An interior decor studio in modern conditions can be organized with little or no investment at home. At the same time, the Internet issue on request "How to open a design studio" gives out in the top materials that tell about the cumbersome system of organizing this business from scratch.
Traditionally, a beginner specialist is recommended to open a business:
- rent an office;
- modernize its interior;
- buy equipment and furniture;
- hire staff;
- launch an advertising campaign.