American Small Business Ideas
In America, entrepreneurship is well developed. Many citizens, having a desire to develop independently and gain financial independence, develop and successfully implement their unique ideas. Some of them are already operating in Russia.
Features of small and medium-sized businesses in the United States
American law defines small business according to the following criteria:
- staff up to 500 people;
- assets up to $ 5 million;
- annual income up to $ 2 million
Business in the US is encouraged by the authorities of each state, which is manifested in the formation of loyal conditions for aspiring businessmen. Non-residents of America (migrants from different countries) register their own business under the same conditions as the indigenous people (the difference is in the package of documents).
How to open your own company
Starting a business in America is easy. To do this, you need to go through several stages:
- Choose a niche for your company / firm.
- Check title.
- Get a license.
- Open a bank account.
Each stage contains its own characteristics, ignoring which entails consequences.
Choosing a niche for your company
Business ideas from America - features of doing business in the USA + 8 interesting ideas + how applicable they are in our country.
Which country has the most original and amazing startups? Of course, the USA!
This is where a lot of business ideas are born that soon find fans around the world: vending machines, delivery services, dry cleaners, laundries, mobile coffee shops.
But today we will look at new business ideas in America that appear there on an ongoing basis.
It seems that the creative thinking of the guys from the States will never run out. But will the novelties be able to adapt to our realities of life?
Let's figure it out together.
Business Features in America
It's no secret that many American citizens are not employees, but have their own business. At the same time, in the States it is quite, with a small start-up capital. In addition, in the future, you can count on support from the state.
So, what accompanies business ideas in America:
- laws are written for everyone, so everyone is equal in front of them, which is an undoubted plus for starting a business;
- Americans are constantly looking for a way to simplify their life, so many business ideas are related to this very aspect;
- the mixing of different cultures has also left its mark on business development in the United States;
- fierce competition due to the large number of entrepreneurs forces them to constantly come up with various marketing gimmicks;
- outsourcing is highly developed, that is, the transfer of certain powers to another company - accounting, legal, advertising services, which significantly speeds up many processes in business, moreover, these issues will be solved by specialists in their field;
- taking a loan is a common thing here, Americans do not gnaw at debt.
It's also worth dwelling on US tax policy. Here she is one of the most loyal in the whole world.
One of the forms of the American emigrant dream come true is the organization of a small successful business in the United States. The stories of modern corporations and global brands, born during periods of great upheaval from a successful initiative, provide grounds for supporting and developing business ideas in the United States.
Commercial outlook during the crisis
The economic crisis is like a powerful earthquake: can be predicted but not prevented. And although the crisis itself is a regular phenomenon, only such as the Great Depression of 1929, the echoes of which were noticeable until 1939, or the "credit rush" of 2021, which started in the United States and swept around the world, remain in memory.
An analysis of which businesses opened during the crisis in America leads to several conclusions:
- there are products that will be in demand in any circumstances: food production, household goods, professional services;
- advertising plays a special role - with the correct presentation of information, you can significantly save your budget;
- getting rid of unnecessary assets, reorganization or re-profiling allows you to free up part of working capital;
- a merchant should be ready to experiment and revise approaches, but must abandon risky investments and financial adventures.
Examples of successful anti-crisis ideas
General consumer demand has always existed. No recessions, depressions or even wars can destroy this economic engine. Even during the Great Depression in the United States, businessmen managed to open very profitable enterprises:
- The general pessimistic mood of the population gave rise to a steady demand for inexpensive entertainment. During this period, cinemas and sporting events generated income.
- During the Prohibition era, former brewers mastered the production of low alcohol beverages such as ginger beer.
- Pepsi's successful anti-crisis solution was the release of the same drink in a capacity doubled compared to Coca-Cola at the same price.
- Procter & Gamble has taken a creative approach to promoting the product. The advertisements were distributed in the form of radio shows with a developing storyline by Ma Perkins, in which the name and types of products were regularly mentioned.
There are examples of luck for 2021, when the games of banks with statistics and investor confidence in the reputation of large construction companies led to a global financial catastrophe. It is known that the former physician Michael Berry managed to earn more than $ 200 million for himself and his hedge fund clients by buying up bankruptcy insurance securities (default swaps).
Legal Forms for Business Registration
In the United States, as in Russia, you can conduct business on behalf of an entrepreneur or legal entity. Different types of business in the United States in direction and scale of the undertaking should be clothed in one of the organizational forms. Organizational form type RF analog Distinctive features Corporation, Incorporated (Corp., Inc.) AO Provides free issue of shares. Income tax payment can be carried out at the company level, or the burden of paying taxes can be shifted onto the shoulders of shareholders. imited liability company (LLC) Tax obligations are paid separately by each founder General partnership Full partnership (partnership) A separate legal entity is not registered, the participants are jointly and severally liable for all obligations Limited partnership (LP) Limited partnership Partners include persons with full liability and limited (no more than the amount of contribution) Sole proprietorship does not require additional registration or tax registration. At the end of the year, a declaration is simply submitted
Small business as the backbone of the US economy
Up to half of America's working-age population is employed in the small business sector or self-employed. After lowering corporate income tax rates to 21% and reducing self-employed income deductions, businesses in America in 2021 showed entrepreneurial optimism. The overwhelming majority of the economically active population is ready to either register their own business or expand an already operating business.
In the United States, back in 1953, the Small Business Administration (SBA) was created. Her responsibilities include developing support measures and ensuring access to government concessional lending.
Business ideas from America: 3 features of business in the USA + 11 interesting ideas + 4 American websites with unique business ideas + comparison of small businesses in the USA and Russia.
The United States is a leader in many areas of business.
According to statistics, 21 million small business organizations are officially registered in America.
That is, every fourth family has some kind of business.
Many firms (approximately 21% of the total) start their journey with $ 1,000.
And after one or two years, such business ideas from America bring their founders millions in revenues.
Having difficulties finding a popular and unusual business idea?
Then you should definitely familiarize yourself with a selection of options from America.
Perhaps this step can inspire you to create your own profitable project.
The specifics of doing business in America
Business features in American style
In the US, taxes are much lower than in the rest of the world, and in the states of Nevada and Wyoming, they are completely absent!
Business immigration to the United States is one of the easiest ways to move there for permanent residence. Considering the current situation in the global economy, the prospects of their business in America are beyond doubt. To open your own business in such a developed country, you need to understand which areas are the most relevant and profitable.
According to the US Department of Commerce, the construction and gambling business is considered the best in the country in terms of profit. However, there are other areas that require minimal investment and are very promising.
Business in America, which is not in Russia
The USA is a country where small businesses thrive. The mentality of Americans is built in such a way that they know how to make money from everyday ideas. If we compare small businesses in the United States and Russia, we can see that American ideas appear on the domestic market with a delay of 3-5 years.
Americans are an obese nation. People who spend most of their day in the office cannot afford to go to the gym regularly. They just don't have time for it.
Businessmen saw a promising niche in this and suggested that companies equip a small gym where employees can work out during their lunch break. The advantage of the business is that you do not need to pay rent: it is enough to install sports equipment and find professional trainers. A portable gym is a great example of running a small business with minimal investment.
People with an active life do not have time to take care of pets, but they want them to look happy and well-groomed. Enterprising Americans have created a lucrative American taxi business to transport animals to clinics, beauty salons, etc.
One of the services is also a pet hotel, where wealthy people leave their pets for their holidays or business trips.