Business idea: how to open a private kindergarten
Experienced parents understand that a lot depends on a child's education, and the foundation of a quality education is laid even in kindergarten. Today, there is overcrowding in groups in government institutions. In addition, educators rarely use modern early developmental methods. For this reason, many parents prefer private institutions. This creates a good niche for the development of a profitable business. In this case, you need good ideas for a business plan, the necessary documentation, staff and premises.
Small groups and modern equipment are the advantage of private kindergartens
Legal registration of a private kindergarten and a list of required documents
The educational sphere in our country has always been a state one, therefore, when opening a private educational institution, its owners will face the problem of obtaining various permits and licenses. An individual, an individual entrepreneur or a legal entity can open a preschool institution.
If a preschool institution is opened by a legal entity, it must be registered in a non-commercial form. The registration application is considered for 1 month. After that, work is coordinated with various authorities, tax authorities, off-budget funds, and state statistics bodies. To be eligible to open a childcare center, you must obtain a license from the Department of Education.
Required documents for a mini-garden:
- lease agreement;
- the program for teaching children;
- documents confirming the availability of the necessary training materials;
- detailed data on the number of staff and children;
- certificate from the tax service;
- certificate from the fire department;
- a certificate from the sanitary service, which indicates that the premises comply with the requirements of SanPiN.
Obtaining a license to open a home kindergarten is not easy. However, the functioning of such an institution without the appropriate documentation may threaten with criminal liability.
Many organizations are trying to operate without a license, positioning the home kindergarten as a learning center. However, an unplanned problem can cause serious problems, up to serious fines, the closure of the kindergarten, and even criminal punishment.
In addition, some kindergartens provide poor quality services, for example, old school teachers cannot give the new generation the required knowledge, and used equipment and furniture can become dangerous for kids.
All this triggered a wave of private kindergarten organization. Many parents are happy to send their kids there and consider such education worthy. If you love children and, on top of that, want to make money, then you can independently organize a private kindergarten, the business plan of which will be discussed in this article.
There are two ways to develop in such a business:
- part-time job, which means looking after your child and other kids;
- organizing a specific commercial project for which you need decoration and a special room.
In the first option, you will have to look after the children yourself at home, but it will take a lot of effort. In the second option, you can hire qualified teachers who will fulfill their responsibilities. We will dwell on this in more detail.
It's worth starting with a visit to the municipal property department in the administration. There you will receive a list that will record all the instances that you need to go through to obtain permission to organize a kindergarten. To find a room, you need to pay attention to specific requirements.
According to the state standard, each child who will go to kindergarten should have more than 6 m 2 of area. The building should have a changing room and equipped rooms for sleeping and playing. The floor must be insulated, and the ceiling height must be more than 3 m. Your task is to find a room that will meet all these conditions, only then can you open a private kindergarten, the business plan of which will be discussed below.
Private kindergarten is a highly demanded service. The opening process requires significant funds, working with children - responsibility and compliance with a lot of legislative norms. But profitability can be very high.
Before we start
Opening a full-fledged kindergarten is costly and difficult. Thoroughly study the requirements of the laws for such institutions, draw up the most realistic business plan and consult with an experienced lawyer. He will help you choose a form of business and assess opportunities.
The requirements of the regulatory authorities are very high. If you do not have much experience in this area, invite a qualified teacher trainer or kindergarten leader for the position of manager. There are a lot of nuances and pitfalls.
Conflict situations with parents are also very likely. Offer impeccable service, although this is not insurance against the baby getting hurt or catching the flu. If your arguments and desire to resolve the conflict do not work, the easiest way is to return the money to the parents and apologize.
Start searching for premises in areas with new buildings, in which the infrastructure is still poorly developed, and the issue with preschool institutions is extremely acute. Cottage villages and suburbs are also worth considering as a promising location. Sleeping areas are also suitable. The lack of kindergartens is felt everywhere, and parents need to be as close to home as possible. The shortage of young clients is definitely not a threat to a worthy institution. But the main snag is the sanitary requirements.
- Must be located in a residential area.
- Remoteness from any transport routes, parking lots and garages, subways, industrial enterprises.
There are also clear rules regarding the building itself. They also depend on how many babies your institution is designed for:
- From 150 to 350 children - in a separate building only. No more than 2 floors.
- From 80 to 150 people - an extension to a residential building can be used.
- Up to 80 people - allows for a separate room in a residential building.
Over the past decade, the number of newborns in Russia has increased dramatically. And immediately there was an acute problem of the lack of places in state kindergartens. Young parents probably know about the problems of placing a child in a kindergarten - for this you need to queue up immediately after birth and wait 2-3 years to get to the coveted free place. And in big cities, you may not get a kindergarten at all. Therefore, the only way out is to enroll the child in a private kindergarten.
What is it
Private kindergartens are a good way out if all places in municipal institutions in your area are occupied. You can also consider a private kindergarten as a business. Moreover, the business is very effective and ideal for a family. A private kindergarten is an educational institution that provides social services not at budget expense, but at parental money.
The kindergarten is responsible for:
- Upbringing and primary education for a baby.
- Quality improvement and prevention.
- Caring for a child from a very early age to look after him at a specified time.
- Educate parents about baby care.
Such establishments work for extrabudgetary funds. This means that money for the operation will be allocated not from the city budget, but from sponsors or parents.
Pros and Cons
Let's look at the main advantages and disadvantages of this phenomenon. The pluses include:
- Small groups. Usually their occupancy is no more than 10-15 people. An indisputable plus - the teacher will devote time and monitor all the kids, so they will never be left without attention. In small groups, children learn better, receive more attention, and hone their communication skills. With such a number of babies, there are practically no conflicts.
- Professional educators. For the owner, a private kindergarten in an apartment is a full-fledged business. Therefore, he chooses exclusively qualified personnel that will satisfy all the needs of children and parents.
- A wide range of additional services and programs. In a private kindergarten, your child can study foreign languages, prepare him for admission to the best schools and lyceums, teach him how to swim, play musical instruments, ride bicycles and horses. Programs in such institutions are much more interesting - children are happy to go to classes.
- Homemade food. In municipal kindergartens, they cook from products imposed by the education department through a tender. At home, everything is prepared from fresh products purchased the day before. Here, the child will be offered a balanced diet, treated with fruits and vegetables, without any problems give an additive, exclude an allergic product from the diet, or prepare a dietary food.
- There is no actual queue. Most private gardens can be signed up after the start of the “season”. You do not have to wait several years to enter the kindergarten.
Such establishments also have certain disadvantages - you need to know and keep in mind:
- Quite high cost of “training”. On the other hand, both dad and mom will be able to work, so it is more profitable to send the baby to kindergarten, and not to sit with him at home around the clock.
- Lack of a dedicated walking area. However, this applies only to the gardens in the apartments. Now there are many private gardens in homes - they have their own quality playgrounds, fenced off from outsiders.
- Difficulty opening this type of business. It is very difficult to start working - you will have to equip the premises, arrange a lot of papers and go through various approvals.
Is it worth starting?
The Private Kindergarten is a preschool institution that offers parenting, care and leisure services for young children aged three to seven. Unlike state institutions, the presented organization is small and is designed for no more than ten preschoolers. For the competent organization of such a business, you will need a detailed business plan for a private kindergarten with calculations, as well as a responsible market analysis.
Market and Competitive Analysis
A standard private kindergarten offers, among the list of services, babysitting, activities with them, walks and meals. In contrast to state kindergartens, overtime can be provided for the child in the institution. One of the significant advantages of such an organization is that it can even be located in a city apartment. We will consider the option of renting real estate, however, if you have your own apartment on the ground floor, you can significantly increase your income.
However, this is not the only business advantage. Today, the problem of placing a child in a kindergarten is especially acute for parents: the reason lies, first of all, in the limited number of state kindergartens. Many parents can wait for their turn for years, therefore, in most cases, the optimal solution is an alternative solution to the problem. The popularity of private kindergartens is growing every day. What are the important factors worth knowing about this business?
- The need to send a child to kindergarten is especially acute for parents whose children have already learned to walk and talk. Very young children require special supervision and care, so up to three years old parents sit with them themselves, fortunately, most organizations provide maternity leave to care for a child.
- An enterprise such as a private kindergarten has a certain "female" accent, so this type of business will be relevant for a woman with a pedagogical education. Not only can you run a business, you can also be an educator, cook, or cleaner, which will ultimately lower your recurring costs.
- One of the essential advantages of a business is high demand, which means that you will always have clients, moreover, regular ones. If the quality of the services provided is at a high level, the institution will be recommended to friends and relatives, which means that advertising costs are reduced to zero.
The best solution to open a private kindergarten is in the area of the city where wealthy people live. As a rule, among such a stratum of the population there is a particularly high demand for this kind of services. Private kindergartens inspire the trust of wealthy people, so target clients with above-average incomes.
Competitors are also worth mentioning. They will be other private and municipal institutions that are located within five kilometers. In order to reduce the level of competition and quickly make a profit, it is recommended to carefully monitor the quality of the services provided, to give preference to professional and qualified personnel, as well as a unique selling proposition. So, you can provide additional services - sports activities, teaching a foreign language.
Important: if dumping works well in other industries, then in this business you should not make the price level lower than the market average. It just doesn't make sense: your costs and efforts will not pay off and you will miss out on potential income.
Niche for business and its main features: what you need to know
First of all, it is worth noting the state policy in this segment: it is aimed at increasing the birth rate and yields its results. In this regard, the population of the Russian Federation has been increasing over the past decade, as well as the demand for kindergarten services. At the same time, the number of municipal institutions remains the same, despite the fact that in 2021, nursery groups for children under 3 years old were canceled.
Until 2021, private kindergartens existed on the market, but they functioned semi-legally. In February, a specialized document was approved, which reflected all the requirements for a private kindergarten organized in a residential building. This gave a rapid impetus to this area of business. According to experts, over the past four years, the niche has expanded significantly, and the number of establishments has increased significantly, but the market has not yet become oversaturated. Demand still exceeds supply.
According to Rosstat, at the beginning of 2021, about 12% of preschool children are not provided with places in kindergartens, and this is more than two million people! Moreover, the number of private kindergartens that exist now can only accept half of this number.
Another important point that cannot be ignored is the poor quality of service in municipal institutions. Parents often note the inattention of employees, poor nutrition, lack of additional activities or their small number. This is another reason to opt for a private establishment. There are single kindergartens on the market, however, network organizations are gaining more and more popularity thanks to powerful, thoughtful marketing, the availability of a work system, and additional opportunities for children.