Sample warehouse business plan
Reviews for the warehouse business plan ()
The main thing about the warehouse business plan in the year
Warehouse opening: less is more
The rapid development of the trade and production sector has generated the need for a large number of warehouse facilities for storing various categories of goods. Wholesale warehouses are an urgent need for companies that open their branches in different regions or cooperate with their regional dealers. Huge warehouse complexes nowadays are multifunctional structures designed for high-quality and convenient storage and movement of goods. And serious requirements are imposed on the construction of such structures.
To undertake such a business without experience and knowledge means putting your savings at significant risk. The construction of a simple concrete box has nothing to do with the construction of modern warehouse complexes. Everything is much more complicated and costly. In order not to throw a lot of money down the drain, but to be completely satisfied with the result of your actions, you must perform all these actions deliberately and consciously, imbued with all the requirements that apply to the construction of such objects.
The main purpose of the warehouse is the safe storage of various goods, including perishable ones, for a certain period of time. The existing warehouses, built during the Soviet era, do not meet modern requirements, and they are no longer able to cope with the existing flows of goods. Therefore, in many regions, the need for the construction of new warehouse complexes remains at a very high level. This trend has been captured by some of the leading developers who have embarked on large-scale projects. But, despite some activity in this market segment, the demand for modern warehouse space still exceeds the available supply.
Despite the fact that more and more large players, both local and foreign, are entering this market, the entrance is open for businessmen who have less solid capital. If, for example, for the construction of a large warehouse terminal with an area of about 200 thousand square meters. m. it is necessary to invest $ 150 million, then the construction of a standard warehouse complex, whose area does not exceed 10 thousand square meters. m., will cost 7-8 million dollars. In the same way, the payback period for building a warehouse can vary from 2-3 to 5-7 years.
One of the main problems that businessmen may face is the cost of land. In large cities, this issue is most acute. In addition, it is generally very difficult to find a plot that is already ready for building. Experienced players advise starting such a business with the construction of medium-sized warehouses, which will reduce the likely risks. Success factors in this business include a low concentration of players in this market in a particular region, and, accordingly, a high demand for new warehouse complexes from distributors. But, undoubtedly, the main factor that can affect the result of your project is a professional example of a business plan for the construction and opening of a warehouse with ready-made calculations, based on which you will be able to foresee any possible risks.
A ready-made business plan for a warehouse from scratch with examples of calculations for opening
We bring to your attention a business plan for the construction of a warehouse, because this business is quite promising, warehouse premises are needed for different purposes. Many entrepreneurs, organizations and individuals need short-term, permanent or periodic storage of both food products and non-food products. A warehouse complex equipped with an air conditioning system, ventilation, where cleanliness and the required temperature regime are maintained at any time of the year, will be able to attract many customers.
Since the construction of warehouses requires a large start-up capital, it is necessary to attract investors to this business. To do this, it is necessary to develop a business plan for a warehouse that meets all modern standards and requirements.
Since warehouse premises are in demand among businessmen, the construction of warehouses will have its own perspectives and bring real income. This type of business is ideal as a means of generating permanent income. Therefore, it will not be difficult to attract investors for construction, because in this business the demand is 2 times higher.
The location of the warehouse is important and should be well thought out. It is necessary to build premises in the area where such structures are located, outside the city, near the manufacturer or closer to trade enterprises. You can also choose a position approximately halfway between the manufacturer and the retailer. This will reduce the cost of transporting finished products from the manufacturing enterprise to the warehouse, and from the warehouse to the trading enterprise that sells the products.
A warehouse owner may use it for personal business purposes. If he is engaged in trading activities, the warehouse can be used in the future to store his products. Warehouses can also be rented out or sold profitably.
Warehouses are of two types: production and warehouses for storing consumer goods. Production warehouses are located in places where the production of goods is concentrated. They are of several types:
- premises for storing raw materials and materials;
- premises for industrial and technical products;
- premises for goods and products of manufacturers.
Warehouses intended for consumer goods are located near shopping centers, shops and, in fact, are wholesale warehouses. This business plan provides for the construction of a wholesale warehouse.
The warehouse construction business plan is useful for determining the effectiveness of the entire project and attracting investors. Since this business is a profitable investment of its own funds, it will help to adjust the actions of each person who decided to do this business.
Before starting construction work, you need to determine the feasibility of this business idea, familiarize yourself with such a section of the plan as validity. Following this, analyze the market. To do this, you need to do the following:
- Enter the characteristics of the goods for which the warehouse will be built.
- Analyze the demand for warehouses for a given type of goods among trade enterprises.
- Select the type of warehouse, what it will be: seasonal or reserve, production or retail, for one or several enterprises (general use).
- List potential tenant partners.
- Identify potential buyers.
When warehouses are built for the purpose of sale, all of the above points can be reinforced in a marketing analysis of the real estate market. This section contains the average rental price for warehouses of the respective sizes and characteristics. There is no need to analyze premises of a smaller area that are not competitors to the warehouse under construction. The economic forecast for the development of the real estate market for several years ahead will also have a positive effect on business development.
Summary of a business plan for opening a business plan for a warehouse from scratch
This project is a plan for creating a private enterprise to organize a business plan for a warehouse in 24 months. First of all, we will list the key points of the process of creating a business plan for launching a warehouse.
First of all there is a Project Idea, and Project Goals, such as:
- Creation of an enterprise with high.
- in a legal way, indicating the legal address, passport data of the head and founder of the project, data on employees.
- Satisfying consumer demand for filling the niche of organizing a place for storing products and goods for further sale at wholesale prices or transportation. The main consumer of services is retail and small wholesale buyers, as well as enterprises in need of warehousing services.
- Providing an opportunity to organize a warehouse and cover consumer demand for high-quality warehousing services.
- Search and conclusion of agreements with investors.
- Project cost: 11 985 017 rubles.
- Project financing: Carried out by obtaining a commercial loan in the amount of 11 985 017 rubles.
- To implement the project, the enterprise needs to take out a loan in the amount of rubles for 24 settlement months with a discount rate of 16%.
- Payback period: 2 years.
- The investor's income will be 1,833,108.4 rubles.
- Loan interest payments begin from the first month of the project.
- Repayment of borrowed funds starts from the first month of the project. This circumstance is introduced in this business plan to simplify the understanding of the structure of calculating the discounting flow and cash flow regulation. The repayment of borrowed funds starts from the first month of the project. This circumstance is introduced in this business plan to simplify the understanding of the structure of calculating the discounting flow and cash flow regulation.
- The pledged interest rate on borrowed funds is 16%. It should be borne in mind that at present banks are revising the rate of interest for investment projects downward.
- The total amount of accrued interest will be 1,833,108.4 rubles.
- The payback period from the beginning of the project is 6 months.
- The payback period, taking into account discounting, is 2 years.
- The total economic effect of the project for a conditional life cycle is 307,128,010.04 rubles.
Action algorithms prescribed in the warehouse business plan
The warehouse business plan contains the following algorithms for starting a business:
*** Customer (Bailor) or a customer who leaves his goods in the warehouse.
*** KLP Acceptance Checklist
*** PTM Loading and transport mechanism
*** TTN Consignment note
Hello dear readers, business covers different areas of the economic market and one of the most effective business areas is the provision of a warehouse for storing products. The business plan envisages the creation of leased warehouse premises for storing food products, which will subsequently be sold in bulk to retail chains.
In the video: Organization of a warehouse Distribution business Toledo Dmitry Gordeev Business at dealership
Business is a universal sphere of entrepreneurial activity, which includes various branches of human activity. Thus, business is a kind of philosophy that teaches how to get money from almost everything. But the article is not about philosophy, but about a specific area of the business itself.
Today, almost 20% of the territory of any city is built up with markets, shops and other socially useful buildings. In such places, you can find useful things for almost any purpose. But as we understand it, a product in markets or stores does not exist in a single copy, especially when we are talking about wholesales. The product needs to be stored somewhere. Therefore, today one of the most popular areas of business is the provision of storage facilities.
To take into account all the risks, costs, profits and other things, you need to draw up a competent business plan for the warehouse before opening it. Below are all the features that should be included in a business plan in order to profit from it in the future.
Which warehouse is described in the business plan?
It should be remembered that a business plan for a warehouse is created if an entrepreneur creates a large building, the premises of which will be used to store various products. This is a whole warehouse complex, not a small room. Only large scale will allow for large profits in the future. Moreover, such a complex will make it possible to include all the latest technological advances, as well as eliminate inconsistencies with sanitary standards. In other words, having a large warehouse, there is a lot to roam. After all, if we are talking about refrigerating chambers, then they already imply the presence of a territory. Otherwise, there will simply be nowhere to put them.
Now let's go directly to the numbers themselves. The business plan drawn up should take into account the real area of the warehouse that will be used, and not be nominally listed. Therefore, the area is 30,000 square meters. The warehouse itself is presented in the form of a one-story building, divided into sections. The height of the room is 15 meters.
You should also consider the creation of several additional blocks, namely:
- The first five-storey office building. The block area is 600 square meters.
- The second block is technical. Its area is calculated from the features of the organization of the normal operation of the warehouse.
As mentioned earlier, the territory of the warehouse itself will be divided into sections:
- The first section with an area of 10,000 square meters is created for storing alcoholic beverages.
- The second section will be used to store all kinds of industrial goods. Its area is 10,000 square meters.
- The third section is 8000 square meters and is divided into two subsections. The first will store vegetables and fruits, so the temperature there ranges from 0 to +8. The second subsection will store meat products. In this section, the temperature does not exceed +2 degrees.
- The last section is the smallest, only 2021 square meters. Its main purpose is the storage of frozen products.
In general, the allotted area for the warehouse, which is 30,000 square meters, is quite enough. Moreover, in the first couples, this area will not be completely occupied, however, when the clientele is appropriate, the space in the warehouse will be completely filled.
A modern warehouse is a complex complex equipped with racks, forklifts, security systems, freezing, refrigeration and other necessary equipment, corresponding to the direction of the warehouse business.
The increase in demand for warehouse space is directly related to the growth in turnover. Today, tons of various cargoes need storage, daily arriving in all large cities and even small settlements, where there are many companies that use the services of warehouse facilities.
Today, experts assess this market as unsaturated: the demand for warehouse premises exceeds supply. This circumstance is attractive for large developers and companies with few resources. With a well-organized business, a warehouse business can bring good profits on an increasing turnover.
Warehouse business: rent or build
The most profitable warehouse business option is to build your own warehouse. Using modern technologies of fast construction, you can in a short time become the owner of a warehouse complex that meets all European standards.
If we consider a warehouse as a business, then renting it can be profitable only in two cases:
- lease with subsequent purchase
- long-term lease of the old premises, which can be completely refurbished to upgrade the class of the warehouse complex. By paying a low-cost rent, you can sell your services much more expensive.
Therefore, when deciding how to open your own warehouse in order to do business on it, it makes sense to talk only about building your own premises.
Warehouse format selection
For a wholesale warehouse as a business to quickly pay off and start generating income, it is necessary to reduce the cost of building and equipping its premises. The cost of building a warehouse largely depends on:
- type of construction (concrete monolithic construction or metal construction)
- type of the warehouse itself (A, B, C, D).