Carpentry business plan with financial calculations
Contents of the article:
Advantages of a carpentry workshop as a business:
- demand for the offered products and increasing demand;
- low level of competition in comparison with other types of small business;
- small investment and good income ...
Design of woodworking production and other documentation
Registration is not required at first when setting up a carpentry workshop. But for the legalization of business, it is better to formalize a limited liability company (LLC), as this makes it possible to hire additional employees when expanding production.
For more details about LLC registration and preparation of documents required for the tax service, see here.
Guests to adhere to:
- GOST 12.. 26;
- GOST 16371-93;
- GOST 9.04-79.
Assortment of goods and ways of selling them
The easiest way to start a business is with the pieces of furniture that are most in demand. The number of regular customers, the frequency of orders and the originality of the products produced are factors in the stability of the profitability of the joinery business.
The business plan for the carpentry workshop includes 2 areas of production:
- the narrow focus of the business - the concentration of all production and resources on the manufacture of one or two products, for example, doors;
- a wide range of products - from small decorative elements to furniture;
- Exclusive unusual things, for example making boxes or children's wooden toys.
Developing a business plan for a carpentry shop is not an easy task for a novice entrepreneur, since the opening of such a production is a rather complicated and responsible procedure. Business plans for carpentry shops should contain the following main sections:
Raised investments in the amount of 120 million rubles and opened a store. In the process of work, we received a competent detailed business plan: a detailed description of the investment, a sales plan, an assessment of the market and project payback.
Gary Spartakovich, Grocery Supermarket Owner
I was very pleased with the efficiency and professionalism of the specialists. The high quality of this project made it possible to positively resolve the issue of financing. As a result, we received a loan in the amount of 200 million rubles.
Rakcheeva L. Financial director of wholesale clothing trade.
Based on the business plan, we opened our own production of drywall in the amount of 20 million rubles. The business plan contains a lot of useful information on our new line of business, the financial part is well developed. The business of the main competitors is described in great detail.
Arzhanov A., Director of drywall production
With the help of a business plan developed and drawn up by BizplaniKo, a long-term credit line was opened for this project for 5 years in the amount of 50 million rubles. for the wholesale of fuels and lubricants.
V. Ponomarev, owner of the company for the wholesale trade of fuels and lubricants
I was very surprised by your thorough approach to business analysis, with the development of a complete financial plan for investments and a schedule for their repayment.
R. Ardoev, Director of Reinforced Concrete Products Production
Over the past 5 years, I have not had to work with a more professional company. It took one call and five letters so that people unfamiliar with you and what you are going to do would penetrate the project and calculate it with detailed accuracy.
The demand for high-quality furniture and other natural wood products is constantly increasing, so opening a carpentry workshop is a promising business with little investment.
How to open a carpentry workshop
The Russian furniture market is full of low-quality products made of chipboard and fiberboard, the main advantage of which is their low price. However, more and more buyers are paying attention to good-quality natural wood products - not only furniture, but also doors, windows, souvenirs, kitchen utensils. Therefore, the opening of such a workshop can turn into a profitable business.
Advantages of a carpentry workshop as a business
Business benefits include:
- growing demand for quality wood products;
- the ability to produce custom-designed products that have a high price;
- small initial investment ( from 100 thousand rubles);
- quick payback;
- low competition compared to other types of entrepreneurship with low turnover.
Video: how to turn a hobby into a carpentry business
Woodworking company business plan
Before purchasing equipment and hiring personnel, it is necessary to draw up a business plan, which will reflect market analysis, sales prospects, planned costs and revenues.
After deciding on the range of production, proceed to the purchase of raw materials. Different types of wood have different properties and prices.
The most used trees in the carpentry business:
- oak is an expensive wood for massive and durable furniture;
- alder is a material that is easy to process, polish and paint; used for the production of elegant furniture for home and office;
- beech - poorly cut, but easy to paint and bend, therefore curved furniture is often made of it, as well as stairs and wall decoration;
- ash - easy to machine, used in the manufacture of furniture and interior decoration, suitable for carving;
- walnut is a very valuable material that is used for expensive furniture, it is easy to tint and paint;
- maple - more often used for the manufacture of veneer, less often for furniture.
- pine is an affordable and therefore popular material; doors, windows, room elements are made of it, great for Country-style furniture;
- spruce is a material, similar to pine, but doors from it keep warm better.
- mahogany is wood of different species used for making furniture, musical instruments, decorative panels;
- ebony is 2 times harder than oak, most often they are used for the manufacture of individual elements (boxes, door handles), less often for furniture, since the price of this material is very high.
- technologist (he is also the head of production) - 35,000-40,000 rubles;
- workshop foreman - 35,000 rubles;
- machine operator (2 persons) - 25,000 rubles. each;
- handyman - up to 20,000 rubles;
- accountant (full-time) - 38,000 rubles;
- account manager ( you may be able to occupy this position) - 32,000 rubles.
Items of the carpentry business plan
Before proceeding with the procurement of the required equipment and staffing, it is important to draw up a business plan that details:
- market analysis
- sales outlook for finished goods
- projected costs and profits
Video on how to make money in carpentry:
Having calculated the preliminary initial amount of costs, you can start registering a business case.
Regardless of the number of founders, you can choose either an Individual Entrepreneurship or a Limited Liability Company. Each form has its own advantages and set of documents.
- Registration cost is cheaper.
- No authorized capital required.
- Simplified taxation system.
- The entrepreneur manages the income independently.
- You need a charter capital, which will be a guarantor for creditors.
- In case of business interruption, production and insurance premiums are not paid.
- Several people are the founders.
Opening your own carpentry business is a great idea for a person with hands: there will always be a demand for environmentally friendly wood products. To start production, you do not need large investments - it is enough to be a good carpenter or find a master of the required qualifications.
- 1 How to open a workshop: carpentry business plan
- 1. Where to start: joinery as a business ????
- 1. What products can be produced
- 1. What space is needed for the carpentry shop
- 1. Necessary equipment for a carpentry workshop
- 1. Step-by-step instructions for starting a carpentry business
- 2 Financial calculations
- 2. How much money do you need to invest in carpentry ????
- 2. How much can you earn in the carpentry business
- 3 Pros and cons of joinery
- 4 Conclusion
How to open a workshop: a business plan for a carpentry workshop
First of all, draw up a business plan for your carpentry workshop. He should cover production, organizational, financial, marketing issues. Analyze who buys the joinery in your area, what is in demand, how your competitors are doing. Gather as much information as possible, determine the feasibility and required scale of opening this kind of business. Write down a production, financial and marketing plan. Then you can start implementing the idea.
Where to start: carpentry as a business ????
At the start of a business, you need to think carefully about what will be produced in your carpentry, who and how will work in it, whether you will need helpers - or will you be working alone.
In order not to spend a lot of money on equipment, you can produce products that do not require complex technological processes, such as doors or window frames. In the future, you can gradually take on other types of products:
- kitchen utensils, etc.
What products can be produced
A joinery can generate a good income if you develop a range of products that can compete with the products of large enterprises on the market. In a private workshop, you can make:
- household furniture - kitchen sets, shelves, bookcases, dressers, tables, chairs, for hallways, children's rooms, etc.;
- medium-sized country buildings - fences, gazebos, benches, garden decor elements (arches, flowerpots, wooden carts, tubs, etc.) .);
- interior details - frames for windows, doors (interior, balcony), wall panels, wooden elements of stairs;
- items for baths - shelves, benches, hangers, tubs and t.;
- building materials for renovation / interior design - decorative beams, arches, parquet boards, coffins and other goods for funeral services bureaus.
For the first time, it is better to choose the direction in which you are strongest, and expand the list as your income increases.