Where to start to open your business
Last updated on 30.3.020 / Posted by Svetlana Published on 28.4013
If you have little money, you have to do business. If there is no money at all, you need to do business urgently, right now! (John Davison Rockefeller)
The desire to open their own business probably visits everyone when there comes a moment of dissatisfaction with employment, low incomes, "inside and out" regime, positive examples of people from the environment opening and developing their own business. But, having decided to leave the employer, not everyone has even an approximate idea of how to start working for themselves, how to open a business from scratch, where to start your project and how to move forward competently.
Personal, own business: a new project from scratch without investment
As a rule, trying to open a business from scratch, the bulk of enthusiasts have neither experience, nor connections, nor skills, nor sufficient funds to open it. Yes, even the minimum investment. Except how to get a loan. If you manage to collect the necessary documents. Which is not always possible. And is it necessary, also a question!
And, of course, as a matter of course, everyone dreams not only not to burn out, but also to make their brainchild profitable, highly profitable and promising. And the beginning of a new project is a very crucial moment.
This is, of course, about starting a small business. I suppose this is because most of the search queries include the word "free", that is, you want to start a business without investment from scratch or with minimal investment, start practically from scratch, not only in the theoretical part, but also in the financial one.
It is possible that at the initial stage you will have to be singular and director, and engineer, and accountant, and economist, and analyst ... After all, you have firmly decided to start working for yourself, you want to open your own business! A new business that no one else has!
Why does the idea of starting your own business often go unrealized?
Having, building and developing your own project, even a mini-business, is a new status, new opportunities, new perspectives. Often - and new adventures.
Now you have to be not just an executor of someone's orders, works, orders, but a leader with all the ensuing consequences and requirements:
In the modern world, the idea of working for oneself finds more and more resonance in the minds of people.
Thanks to the Internet, the availability of books and seminars on business, like others, future entrepreneurs realize that anything is possible.
Success goes not only to the moneybags and those who have the right connections.
And first of all, those who are ready to devote time and effort to tirelessly move towards their goal.
Basically, beginners are wondering where to start their business in trade.
This is because this area is well known to everyone, and also has many options for choosing a niche, among which anyone can find something to their liking.
But no matter how simple a trading business may seem, in order to properly open it and competently conduct business, certain knowledge is required.
The most important secrets will be briefly revealed in this article.
How to choose the right niche for your trading business?
In order to properly filter out ideas of what kind of trading business to start, an entrepreneur must ask himself two questions:
What kind of trading business would you like to actually do?
Indeed, it is very important that an entrepreneur likes his chosen business. Only then will it be possible to establish the process fully, when the businessman will trade in what is interesting to him.
how to start your own business and succeed
Where to start a business: from small to large, and not vice versa!
Most Russians receive their main income at the employer's cash desk, and not from their own business. The status of an employee provides a small but stable level of income. Nevertheless, the question - where to start a business - worries more than half of our fellow citizens.
☑ A survey conducted by one of the major Russian portals showed that a lot of employees would like to open their own business with little investment. However, only a few take this risk. Even fewer are those who achieve at least some success and make real profit from their business.
Where to start your business and what should be foreseen at the very start? What mistakes are common for beginners and can they be avoided?
Top mistakes aspiring businessmen
So, what should you pay attention to in order to start your own business with minimal losses? First, check out the common and critical mistakes that many business start-ups make.
The picture that is presented to the majority under the guise of "own business" is truly grandiose. At the start, you definitely need to invest a lot of money, you need to register an LLC, you need to hire employees and rent an office ... In fact, everything is much simpler - you just need to start. Make your first sale, do your first service. This way you will test your business idea for viability, find out its value for a potential client and, in fact, you will start your business!
Not all business start-ups in Russia are ready to make a profit if they can satisfy the needs of other people. In countries with a long history of market relations, this idea is taught from childhood.
If you've read books about the most successful entrepreneurs, you've probably noticed that they often got their first sales or service experience as a child. Delivering newspapers after school, mowing the lawn, sitting with a neighbor's child, selling ice cream during the summer season are common activities for many European and American teenagers. And Russians are more accustomed to focusing on good studies with an eye to a career, for which huge efforts are made. It is not accepted to take money for some small service from a neighbor or friend.
Even if you don't have any experience in entrepreneurship, and you don't know how to start your business from scratch, the desire to succeed is realizable. Starting a business is not as difficult as it might seem at first glance. Even in difficult conditions of the global crisis, it is possible to find and implement a profitable strategy in any area. But in any case, there is a risk of making an unforgivable mistake at the very beginning, therefore, before taking active steps, you need to prepare theoretically and think over everything thoroughly.
About business for beginners - everything about how to properly open, start and raise your own business
Defining knowledge and skills on paper
Any business is an exchange of money for some value that an entrepreneur is ready to offer a client, a way to solve someone's problem for a fee. But in order to truly be useful to another person, you need to have the necessary knowledge and skills, as well as to properly organize the process of transferring benefits and making a profit. A competent designer who is able to create a unique project of a country house and add the customer's individuality to it may not be so useful in car repair. This business will only be up to a person who is interested in spending time in the garage, constantly updating his car. Based on this, we can say with confidence that only skills and interest in a particular business can develop into a successful business.
A simple exercise can help you define your business idea:
- On a piece of paper, you need to list 10 of your skills that are best developed.
- Determine which of this list gives you the most fun at runtime.
Perhaps this business will turn out to be the hobby that interests you the most at the moment. And it is this that will be able to become an idea for creating your own business and bring considerable profit. Business is a creative process that requires versatile employment, willpower and dedication. For its development, it is necessary to put a lot of effort and time, and the result will depend, first of all, on passion and desire to achieve success.
Market analysis and niche selection
This is a very important stage in any undertaking. A lot of competition can ruin a beginner entrepreneur, preventing him from getting on his feet, since the bulk of customers will not reach him. But choosing a business that does not have sufficient demand also does not make any sense. To find the "middle ground" it is necessary to conduct a thorough market analysis to assess these two indicators.
Advertising in a local newspaper or magazines of a particular field will help to determine a suitable niche offline. On the Internet, the best assistant will be a service that allows you to track the number of user requests for a specific word or phrase. If the defining phrase has several thousand searches in the last month, then the business is really worthwhile, but the competition will also be great. Having thus analyzed the market and having decided on a niche, you can proceed to the next step.
Compilation of USP and portrait of the target audience
A Unique Selling Proposition is a description of the qualities of a business that differentiate it from competitors and push customers to buy. To create a USP correctly, you need to go through 6 steps:
Pension. Know your possibilities
Lack of knowledge is a barrier for many potential entrepreneurs to start their own business. However, not everything is as complicated as it seems. Now you can find many ready-made instructions on how to open your business from scratch and start your own business in a particular area, as well as a huge number of trainings to help you do it much faster.
Here we post ideas for beginners who don't know how to start a specific business from scratch. These business ideas disclose full information, or the main part of it, which will help you start and organize your business in Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan and Russia. In terms of the size of enterprises, this is mainly small business, but there are also publications for medium and large enterprises.
Small business ideas from scratch
The main advantage of this business is that unsold goods do not lose value every year, but only become more expensive. Some drinks each subsequent year increase their price multiples, while they usually do not have an expiration date. You need a license to open a liquor store.
Many people think that the phrase "from scratch" means starting a business without start-up capital, but this is not the case. This phrase means starting a business from the very beginning, sometimes without proper education. In general terms, the instruction for all ideas looks like this:
- Coming up with a brand / company name. Most of the success of a business sometimes depends on this point. Ray Kroc (founder of McDonald’s Corporation) once said that with such a name you can do whatever you want. Therefore, you should not neglect this point.
- We draw up a business plan. You don't have to do it yourself. There are now a lot of research companies providing planning services. Among them, for example, is the RBC company, which has both experience and marketing research in this matter. You can also use our ready-made examples to help you compose it yourself.
- Registering a company. To implement the next steps, this item is required, since then the official accounting of all expenses and incomes of your business begins.
- We rent an office. For companies operating in the service and trade sectors, always passable places are required. Very often, such a business is opened where there are no people, which leads to bankruptcy. The exception is manufacturing companies, and those that need to meet with customers not in their office, but with customers.
- We buy office and production equipment. Sometimes it is better to spend money on used equipment, as it often costs "a penny". After all, someone constantly updates it or sells it out in connection with bankruptcy. Something, unfortunately, will have to be bought abroad, however, for example, Chinese business equipment can be ordered in any country, since there are usually suppliers working with manufacturers or their representative offices. In the offices of all modern companies, CRM systems should be installed to record the quality of work with clients.
- We get all the necessary permissions and licenses, if necessary. To provide services and supply your products to other countries, you may need additional permits valid in the territory of these countries.
- We hire workers. In the beginning, it is best to hire people with experience, especially in important positions. In large cities, you can use the services of HR companies and professional headhunters. They will help you find professionals in their field.
- Start and configure the job. This point assumes constant testing of technologies for working with clients and manufacturing products at the initial stage of implementing a business idea from scratch.
- Do not forget to develop employees and develop ourselves. After achieving success, many entrepreneurs consider themselves successful and do nothing to develop their business. After that, he begins to slowly lose positions, and they are always occupied by more dynamic companies that know how to rebuild, or newer ones, which also catch their success, and then do nothing to maintain it. Every year, the technologies for running and promoting business change, various courses for improving the qualifications and motivation of employees appear, so you should not neglect them.
Remember that a good leader is one who does nothing. But for this you need to competently build and set up your company.
What is profitable to trade in a small town? What is the best business to do at home? How to open your own business with minimal investment?
Working for yourself is like growing up. Anyone who wants to gain independence sooner or later leaves his home - he leaves the hired service and starts working exclusively for himself.