Business idea for a family business from scratch
Many people dream of starting a family business and for it to be passed down from generation to generation, it is quite possible and you do not need to be the owner of a large company or own millions in a bank. It is enough to implement any idea for a family business, which we described below, to start in them you do not even need to have an initial capital.
family business ideas
Almost any production can be made a family business. Everything depends on the number of people who will be engaged in this. Of course, it is desirable that at least someone has experience in the chosen field of activity, but if you decide to try yourself in something new, this is not a problem. First you need to decide on a leader, such a person should be in any successful team, he will drag everyone forward. This does not mean that he will do all the work for everyone, but only means that he will keep the course and the rest will follow him. Here is another selection of ideas that can be easily implemented as a family business - "20 Ideas for Small Cities."
Second Hand Store
The next idea for a family business from scratch is to open a second handa store. Yes, such stores are not in bad demand if you do everything in good faith. Today, not everyone can afford to buy new branded clothing. In addition, in such stores, completely new, unworn items very often come across, and not infrequently these are also branded items. So it can be a very lucrative activity for your family.
You can find suppliers online or on social networks. In order to start this business, it is not necessary to rent premises, it is quite enough to take high-quality photos and sell goods through a social network (many have been using this method for a long time). Due to the fact that you will already have a team, you can easily choose the best things and post their photos in your store. Thus, you will always have regular customers, even those who can afford to buy new clothes, because why buy new sneakers for 2021-3000 thousand, when for a thousand you can also buy in perfect condition.
If you are creative and manage to organize events, opening a holiday agency would be ideal for you. You can organize any kind of celebration - birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, banquets and any other lavish celebrations. It is possible to distribute the roles of each family member according to the capabilities of whom, which is better. Someone will be responsible for the organizational part, another will take over the technical part, others will be engaged in photo and video filming, etc.
A franchise business can be a good option for a family business. Of the minuses, you need start-up capital, but if you have it, this is a pretty good opportunity to start a family business. In addition, running a franchise business is much safer than starting from scratch, according to statistics, the success if using a franchise is 3 times higher than if you started everything yourself from scratch. In addition, the company with which you entered into a contract will do a lot of work for you, store decoration, business plan and other little things, you can forget about it.
If we talk about the path that leads a modern woman to the idea of starting a family business, then in most cases it starts with internal discontent and the inability to realize her full potential in the workplace.
We all tend to think about our future. Analyze the current financial situation. Consider the pros and cons of the status quo. And very often such an analysis leads to disappointing conclusions. Someone thinks that conflicts with bosses cannot be justified by any salary, someone dreams of introducing some kind of innovation into their work that contradicts the rules adopted in the company, and someone looks even further and realizes that the only opportunity to become truly independent and creating a solid financial base gives you your own business.
It should be noted that you will not be alone in your decisions. Nowadays, an increasing number of girls and women prefer to work for themselves, and most importantly, they successfully implement their decision. Moreover, if you choose a family business, your closest people will become your partners: husband, parents, brothers and sisters. And who can help better than people you trust unconditionally?
Have an idea? Voice her!
Like any innovation, a family business starts with an idea. And if you and your family members have decided to combine your efforts, capital, skills and professional skills to achieve one goal, you will have to work hard even before starting your own business. The most important question at the first stage will be the question “what to do?”, And the answer to it is not as simple as it seems at first glance.
First, you need to consider what skills each of the participants in the future family business has. They will become your main capital. Yes, yes, there is no reservation here. Suppose you have always dreamed of opening your own fashion atelier, and your family does not have a single designer or tailor. And if a cake-maker starts to make boots, and a shoemaker bakes pies, nothing good will come of it. This means that the direction of business should be chosen based on professional skills, preferably supported by real experience. After all, you want your business to flourish, which means you need to set realistic goals for yourself. But you don't need to think that, having the talent of a pastry chef, you should forget about it and start your business, starting from a teacher's diploma. In no case. If you are confident in your abilities - go for it!
Reconnaissance in force
The next step is market research. You need to go to it with a service or product that will be in demand, and therefore make a profit. Here, according to the professionals, many people make their main mistake. Namely, they try to offer the consumer or the buyer something completely new. Undoubtedly, innovation can help you make your products or services unique and recognizable. But! It will take a lot of time for people to accept and understand the value and all the advantages of your product or service, and you cannot afford it yet. After all, your family business has not yet established itself. Therefore, it would be more optimal to choose a product that is in demand on the market, but add something of your own to it.
At this stage, it will not be superfluous to get acquainted with the experience of the "experienced". Practical advice on this topic can be found in the literature: the books "Family Business" by Christina Jones or "Family Economy Management" by S. Reznik can give hints to those questions that are difficult to answer without real experience in running a family business. And yet, at the initial stage, this venture will require a lot of internal resources from you and your team members. And the main thing here is to be able to support each other, calmly deal with incomprehensible moments. Indeed, right now the foundation of business relations between loved ones is being laid. And you need to try to start a business so that the joint business does not become a source of conflicts. On the contrary, he should make your family ties even stronger and more reliable.
Through the world We are looking for capital to achieve a dream
Any business requires not only physical, mental and emotional costs, but also financial investments. This may sound prosaic, but the dream of a family business will have to fork out. There are several options and possibilities here.
Let's start with the most obvious. If your family members become participants in your joint business, then it is prudent to consider the option of their participation in the initial costs. The required starting amount is determined and divided by all participants. Of course, equity participation in a business must be properly formalized. It is possible that one of the team members wants to withdraw from the case, which means that it is necessary to clearly record how much of the money he can take at the same time. By the way, on the basis of the initial payment, the percentage of the profit will be calculated, which each of the participants in the family business can claim. But while the profit is still far away, and therefore we will consider the second option.
If you are starting a business with your husband or sister-brother, but want to become the sole owner of the family business, then you will have to contribute all the initial capital yourself. Take a loan if there is no savings. Or get a loan for the development of a small business. And, by the way, lately local authorities have not only issued such loans, but also established tax breaks and preferential rates for advertising on local television. And if there is no other way out, you can turn to the local authorities for help.
Hi, my name is Maya, just sharing my experience
Today, more and more attention is paid to small businesses, including family businesses. And this is not surprising, because a small company with someone you trust is much easier to open. And family members traditionally enjoy our trust.
Types of family businesses
There are many types of family businesses, it all depends on what to classify. The most common is the division of household family businesses by size. Thus, three types of organizations can be distinguished.
- Small firms (usually no more than 10 people) employing next of kin. In such firms there is no clear hierarchy, all employees are interchangeable, often combine several positions.
- Growing up family companies, where there is a pronounced structure of subordination, business relations replace family ones.
- These are large firms in which the leadership is inherited from father to son. Here the owner of the company is not the head of the family, but the whole family clan. These are usually joint stock companies, so control over the firm is exercised by the controlling shareholder.
Family Business Features
Whichever of the ideas for a family business you choose, its organization and further maintenance will be fraught with a number of different difficulties. But some of them can be avoided if you adhere to the following rules.
- Define the scope of the business relationship. It's not easy in a family business, but try to refrain from discussing work issues over dinner.
- Agree on how to resolve problems. For example, morning discussion of upcoming affairs, or evening communication about accumulated problems. The main thing is that the procedure is debugged.
- Be clear about responsibilities. Global issues can and should be resolved together, but it is not worth calling a council on trifles.
- Nothing personal, as they say, just business. Yes, much of what it takes for a firm to thrive will be poorly aligned with family values. But there are only two ways: choose a family and forget about business, or give up some norms of family life for the sake of business.
- The family business has its advantages.
Ideas for a family business from scratch with minimal investment
It is always difficult to enter the market, at first it is not even worth talking about profit. Hired workers need to be paid a salary, and in a family business, you can save on this moment. It is also easier to get a loan from a family member than from a bank.
Family Business Options from Scratch
Recently, entrepreneurs have begun to organize their business more often based on family relationships. A business idea implemented by the efforts of a family is distinguished by solidarity of action, great prospects for success and a high level of trust between partners.
The advantages and disadvantages of a family business
Family business ideas from scratch have the following positive aspects:
- Each of the partners has an interest in the development of the project;
- Family members will not disclose production secrets and know-how;
- In the circle of relatives, you can find a specialist in any profile of education and with experience in various jobs;
- Relatives can combine start-up capital without the need for long-term approval of papers;
- For business negotiations, you do not need to rent a separate premises (you can do business at home);
- Relatives know each other's psychological types and understand which model of behavior they need to choose in order to negotiate without conflicts;
- Between family partners there is always more loyal relationship ( shortcomings in work will not be subject to sanctions and fines).
Among the disadvantages of a family business, there are such manifestations as:
- There is a high likelihood of ruining intra-family relations by failing to come to an agreement once;
- If the business falls down, each relative partner will be in debt;
- May arise struggle for leadership, since everyone will consider themselves more important than others;
- The negligent attitude of one of the partners affects the reputation of the family and the business as a whole.
Small family business ideas with small investments have some peculiarities, in particular:
- Suitable for close-knit families who want to develop in the field of entrepreneurship and know how to distinguish between personal relationships and professional ones;
- The amount of costs for starting a business depends on the chosen idea. You can invest purely symbolic amounts of 3-5 thousand rubles - if you have the necessary base (premises, equipment, skill) or large capitals - from 100 thousand and more - if you plan to organize a large production;
- Average profit from family business ideas can be 100-200 thousand per month or more.
Bath restoration with acrylic and glass
The cost of a high-quality new cast iron or steel bath is tens of thousands of rubles. Acrylic, although they are of low quality, also cost a lot.
- overalls ;
- bulk acrylic;
- a set for bath restoration (brushes, rollers, sponges, etc.).
This is a highly profitable small family business idea. The profit for one operation, even taking into account labor costs, brings 50% of the invested funds.
Today we propose to discuss the following topic: "Business idea for a family business from scratch." We have collected and prepared a complete description of the business model and invite yours to express your opinion in the comments.
Good day! Today we will talk with you about family business and options for business ideas for the whole family.
Before writing an article, I went to look at the TOP articles on this request, my surprise simply knew no bounds. On the topic of family business, the search returned excellent articles with normal sites, or simply worthless sites did not touch on the topic of family business, or search engines began to correct themselves.
In general, everything is fine and if my article does not get into the TOP of the search results, I am completely calm, because you can read about the family business on other equally interesting sites.
First, it's worth defining what a family business is:
What is a family business
Here I didn't even bother to look at the official wording about the family business, so that it doesn't affect my opinion and so that I can describe it in my own words.
A family business is a type of business that involves the family itself, or people related by family ties. This is perhaps the simplest formulation of this type of business.
There are several options for a family business, let's look at them: