Why do you need a business plan
But, as practice shows, not a single business of your own can be successfully completed without such a document as: a business plan. Moreover, experts recommend compiling it, both for private entrepreneurs, for whom this procedure is mandatory, and for the owners of online stores, who may well do without it. But what is a business plan for, and why it is so important, let's look further.
What is a business plan for
By definition, a business plan, first of all, means a special document that carefully and in order describing all the goals that a company, store or enterprise must achieve, within a certain period. Also, the plan should list all the measures that need to be taken to achieve these goals, as well as all the costs for this, and the expected profit.
In the case of officially registered private entrepreneurs, this plan can serve not only as a guideline for further actions, but also as a way to attract investors. After all, before investing money in this or that enterprise, any sponsor must clearly see all its expected prospects.
Types of business plans
Depending on their purpose, all business plans are divided into four main categories:
- individual plan;
- investment plan;
- loan plan;
- grant plan.
That is why, to answer the question of why an enterprise needs a business plan, there are several options at once. So let's take a look at each of the categories in more detail.
An individual plan is one of the most common documents, both in large and small businesses. Its main goal is to describe all aspects of the enterprise's activities, analyze probable problems and prospects during its development, and also, in advance, come up with an optimal solution to eliminate the problems that have arisen.
Drawing up a plan for this category, ideally helps to analyze all your ideas, at the expense of business development, and determine the most optimal way to implement them. Also, an individual plan allows you to identify all possible mistakes before they appear in practice, which will allow you to simply avoid them.
A well-written document of this type can easily become universal. That is, it can be used not only for personal purposes, to analyze their own actions and mistakes, but also to provide it to business partners or creditors, if necessary. It is for this reason that the individual plan is the most common among all categories of honest business.
The main goal of the investment plan is to attract to your company as many sponsors as possible who are ready to invest in business development, for a certain percentage of your future profit. Therefore, when drawing up this document, the main attention should be focused on the task of the project, and its detailed description.
As practice shows, when drawing up a project strategy, it is best to rely on such data as: the marketing situation in the consumer market. It is this aspect that is most important in terms of the investment type. By the way, this document should also mention all possible addressees to whom your proposal to invest funds applies.
Every aspiring entrepreneur is faced with business plans. But many neglect planning and then fail. What is a business plan for, how to draw it up correctly and what tasks does it solve? The answers to these questions are in the article.
What is a business plan?
A business plan is a complete planning of future business activities, consisting of a large number of details that characterize the future enterprise.
Business planning should mean a comprehensive economic program for bringing a business project to life.
This is a document that describes all the details of a future commercial project.
Types of business plans
There are several types of business planning. Usually these are projects tailored for a specific entrepreneur, his budget and the conditions in which the project will be implemented.
- Investment. Its task is to attract investors to the newly created business. The document describes the perspective of the idea, its relevance, competition, marketing component and expected profit.
- Individual. It is formed for an individual entrepreneur, taking into account his financial capabilities.
- Strategic. Created for companies that have already taken their place in the market. Shows how the enterprise will develop over a certain time period - a year, two, three, ten years.
- On credit. It is drawn up by an entrepreneur and submitted to the bank - to receive money for the development of the enterprise.
- For a grant. Formed to receive a subsidy or grant for the development of an enterprise.
What is a business plan for?
The purpose of a business plan is to solve the tasks set for an individual entrepreneur or company, including:
- Attracting investors. Created to provide future investors to interest them and show the prospects of the presented project.
- Designing future business development.
- Determination of directions of work of the enterprise.
- Identification of persons involved in the organization of the project.
- Preparation of a marketing campaign.
- Study of the market of provided services and competition.
- Designing an enterprise development strategy based on the information received.
- Risk assessment.