What You Can Grow Homes For Sale All Year Round
If you have a private house with a small plot, then you can start your own small business growing various vegetables, fruits, berries and herbs. With the right approach, such a business can bring stable profits all year round. In this article, we will look at what is profitable to grow for sale, analyze the key points of the business and tell you what brings the most profit.
The agricultural business can hardly be called simple and super-profitable, but if you work persistently and constantly develop, then in a few years you will be able to reach serious profits. Moreover, even a home business has good development prospects: you can start working with local grocery stores, supermarkets, market sellers, etc. The main thing is to understand what exactly you will be doing, how to organize the process and what you need to start earning.
First of all, let's figure out exactly where you can grow products for sale. There are three options here:
- Growing up in a private house. This option is suitable for those who do not yet have experience in agricultural work. In principle, if you give 1-2 rooms for greenery or seedlings, you can get a stable profit, but in general the house will not be enough.
- Household plot. You will need at least 6 acres to do business seriously, optimally - 10-12. You can process such volumes by forces of 1-2 people.
- Greenhouse. The best option that will require investment in the initial stages. The greenhouse is good because it allows you to control temperature, light and humidity, protecting plants from negative natural factors. A quality greenhouse can be heated, which allows the season to be extended all year round.
In addition to a place for growing, you will need a place where the finished product will be stored, a car for exporting it to the buyer, as well as high-quality seed. Before buying it, you need to think about what exactly you plan to grow on the site. Market analysis will help you determine this. If you have heaps of tomatoes at 10 rubles per kilogram during the season, then it is pointless to start growing them, since there is a lot of competition in this area.
Research what products are missing in your region, chat with friends and colleagues about what they buy, what they are missing. It may turn out that you do not have, for example, a walnut in your region, and you can solve this problem by planting a hundred trees on the site. Either you are missing strawberries (or they are very expensive). In this case, you will plant remontant berries and harvest all year round. In general, the algorithm for this type of business is very simple:
- Planting seed, growing seedlings.
- Seedlings are planted in a permanent place.
- Growing the required crop.
- Harvesting, sorting and storing.
- Delivery of goods to customers or self-sale.
What can be grown
Let's take a look at what you can grow houses for sale all year round. It all depends on the region of your residence, the availability of a greenhouse or a heated house, as well as the demand for agricultural goods. Greens are ideal for year-round cultivation: they are constantly in demand. If you grow green onions and garlic, parsley and basil, salads and dill, then you don't even need a greenhouse. It will be enough to equip racks in one or two rooms, install lighting and drip irrigation, and you will always have at your fingertips a mini-farm where you can grow greens all year round at a scale sufficient for sale in the market or in stores.
If you want to grow tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers, then you can't do without a greenhouse. Its construction will cost 30-40 thousand rubles, but with the right approach, the construction will pay off in half a season. These crops can be grown both all year round and seasonally from March to October-November. If you plan to grow flowers, then you will need both a plot and a greenhouse. Although it is possible to organize a small greenhouse in the house, if you do not apply for serious volumes or are just starting to do business. Of course, it is difficult to grow cut flowers in the house, because large sales volumes are required, but indoor plants are quite suitable for cultivation in a home greenhouse.
Investments: from 1,000,000 rubles
Payback: from 5 months
Sunflower is an extremely promising crop in terms of agricultural business. It is an unpretentious and harvest-rich plant. Sunflower seedlings are able to withstand short-term frosts down to minus 6 ° C. The income depends on the area planted. The larger they are, the more profitable entrepreneurship is. Let's consider what features and risks this business has, and how to get the maximum profit.
The technological process of growing sunflowers is not difficult, even a beginner can handle it. This is why many agricultural entrepreneurs prefer this culture. From 1 hectare of land, you can get up to 30 centners of the crop.
Such a business can only be developed in a rural environment, because sowing suburban areas with sunflower is unprofitable.
The peculiarity of the sunflower is its uneven ripening: there are plants with yellowish, green and brown heads on the field at the same time. It is important to time the harvest correctly. If you start too early or too late, the yield will decrease. In the first case, due to the low productivity of unripe baskets, in the second - due to shedding of dry seeds.
The harvest market is large enough. Here are producers of snacks (fried sunflower seeds, kozinaki), and confectionery factories, and factories for the production of vegetable oil. Even with fairly high competition, it is quite possible to find a buyer. And this guarantees a stable profit.
What is required for implementation?
At the start of a business, everything required for work can be rented:
- land plot;
- agricultural machinery;
Investments: from 950,000 rubles
Payback: from 15 months
Many aspiring entrepreneurs, puzzled by the search for a business idea, bypass the cultivation of hazelnuts, since at least four years must pass from the moment of planting to the first harvest. But in vain, because the trees take root well, and in the first fruiting season it will be possible to recoup almost all investments. Therefore, on the cultivation of hazelnuts, you can build an excellent profitable business.
The activity is related to the cultivation of hazelnuts on a land plot of 1 hectare. The main buyers of nuts will be intermediaries purchasing goods at wholesale prices, selling them at retail, grocery stores, hypermarkets, catering organizations, private confectioneries, chocolate factories and other enterprises. You can also independently sell hazelnuts among the population at retail prices.
What is required for implementation?
In order to start growing hazelnuts, you will need to find a land plot with an area of at least 1 hectare, purchase it or rent it, as well as master the technology of growing trees, purchase seedlings for planting.
The cost of one young tree will be about 300-350 rubles. There are varieties of hazelnuts that are more expensive in price, but it is not recommended to buy them at the first stages. A total of 270-300 trees are needed per hectare of land.
It is better to harvest not by hand, but using special equipment. After all, one machine that is capable of collecting a ton of nuts within an hour will replace the labor of 150 people. The unit can be rented only for the time of harvest. It is advisable to buy it only for a plot of at least 5 hectares.
To plant young seedlings, you need to purchase auxiliary agricultural equipment (shovels, rakes, etc.), as well as a walk-behind tractor for weeding and hilling.
Hazelnut trees prefer moist soil, so you will have to take care and equip an irrigation system on the site or hire a special machine with a barrel when watering is required.
If your site does not occupy two Stavropol Territories in area, immediately put the crazy idea of planting potatoes or other cheap vegetables out of your head. Yes, everyone needs them. But the profit from those 13 buckets that you dig up in the fall will be spent in advance on the war with the Colorado potato beetle in the summer. We will take not by quantity, but by valuable vitamin cultures. Moreover, they are “valuable” not only for health, but also have a high market value.
Crops with stable commercial demand:
- garlic ;
- greens - dill, parsley, basil, lemongrass, celery, spinach;
- beans - green beans and asparagus; <
Business on your own land - important points
Business on a plot of land can not be called a get rich quick scheme. Slowly, your well-being will grow steadily from year to year.
- Special complex knowledge and skills are not required, but the basics of plant growing will have to be mastered.
- At first, you can do with independent manual labor, and acquire expensive machines and mechanisms for tillage as your business grows.
- Official registration of entrepreneurship and obtaining licenses for business on land is not required.
- Business is highly seasonal. At the peak - tillage, planting seedlings, harvesting - additional labor will be required. It is necessary to take care of this in advance, so a vacation ticket to the resort should be taken for the mother-in-law for the winter - both cheaper and will help in the hot season.
- Winter is a completely free time from business. Here you can do something else ... let's say you can make money on games. And why not: cozy home atmosphere, warmth, tea.
- Quite large one-time investments (purchase of seed), lower costs for plant protection products.
- Money turnover is not fast.
- In the past, there was a dependence of the business on force majeure - drought, frost, crop failure. Modern climate tolerant varieties and processing chemicals have virtually eliminated this risk factor.
- Intensive sales of products in the season brings tangible income in a short time.
From all of the above, we can conclude that a business on land can be started as an option for additional income to the family budget. And over time, as it grows, turn it into the main type of income.
Beginning of the path
The first and most important word that a novice plant grower will learn is “crop rotation”. One culture cannot be constantly planted on the site, because of this, plant diseases develop, the soil is depleted. Every 4–5 years, plants change places, taking into account the characteristics and sequence. So, for example, it is good to plant strawberries in areas where garlic previously grew.
Therefore, after conducting territorial wars with his wife, who dreamed of making a lawn and a fountain on all 30 acres, plan the captured territory for strawberries, garlic and herbs (as an option). Explain to your wife that business in the country is more important than rest.
What are microgreens? These are shoots of young plants when the greens are just sprouting. In our country, the cultivation of this product is not yet very common, but it is already gaining momentum. Microgreens are nutritious, they contain a huge amount of substances useful for the body: vitamins, trace elements and minerals. These are not new varieties, but just one way of growing plants. This technology allows you to grow microgreens from two to seven cm in height. In addition, this product is used not only for the preparation of various dishes, but also serves as a decoration for dishes.
The advantages of growing microgreens for sale are undeniable, because it is not only low competition, but also the opportunity to do such a business all year round and in any climatic conditions. Due to its miniature size, microgreens take up little space, so they can be grown in large quantities. In addition, this business does not require the purchase of expensive equipment and any special equipment. And given the fact that now the demand for microgreens is starting to grow rapidly, the benefits of growing this product for sale appear in the best possible light.
What microgreens are recommended to grow?
There are a lot of varieties of microgreens - there are so many varieties that you can open a whole factory for the production of only this product. These are cereals, and legumes, and salad, and wild species. Consider the top 20 most common.
- Coriander. Or cilantro. In addition to a pronounced specific taste, this culture is good for the heart and blood vessels. It contains a whole storehouse of vitamins, as well as trace elements phosphorus and potassium. Cilantro adds a savory flavor to many dishes.
- Arugula. Greens that strengthen the immune system, because they contain more ascorbic acid. Arugula has a slightly bitter taste, so it is ideal for meat and fish dishes, especially as a component of the sauce
- Daikon. Or Japanese radish. It contains a lot of sulfur, which is necessary for the general strengthening of the body, as well as for a positive effect on the skin and hair growth. Due to its slightly spicy taste, daikon goes well with soups.
- Watercress. Rich in carotene, B vitamins, iron and magnesium. Improves digestion, has a beneficial effect on sleep and normalizes blood pressure. It has a delicate spicy taste and aroma, added to side dishes, sauces and salads.
- Beets. Due to the high content of vitamins and elements, this plant has a tonic effect on the body and strengthens the immune system. Succulent beet leaves go well in the main and first courses, as well as in salads.
- Chive bow. These thin blades of grass with black seeds have a mild onion flavor and aroma and are highly prized in cooking. Its essential oils kill bacteria in the body and cleanse the intestines. Ideal for snacks.
- Radish. A plant with a slightly pungent spicy taste, an ideal seasoning for salads and meat dishes. Radishes contain minerals, trace elements and essential oils, which improve digestion. Has a decongestant effect.
- Mitsuna. Another name, Japanese mustard, is renowned for its nutritional value. Fragrant leaves can be added to salads and sandwiches, or you can eat it just like that. Mitsuna regulates water balance in the body and cleanses blood vessels.
- Basil. Contains carotene, C and B vitamins and essential oils. Has a beneficial effect on digestion, good for the stomach. Basil goes well with almost all dishes, very tasty in omelet and cottage cheese.
- Mustard. This greenery with a spicy, tangy taste has a beneficial effect on the walls of blood vessels, stimulates appetite and stimulates blood circulation. The peppery flavor of mustard is ideal for fish dishes and salads.
- Cabbage. Microgreens of red cabbage contain several times more carotene and vitamin C than ordinary cabbage. The sprouts of this plant are useful for the stomach, digestion and strengthening the immune system. It goes well with any salads.
- Soy. Soybean sprouts are rich in vitamins C and B, they are high in iron and amino acids. Soy has a calming effect on the body, normalizes blood cholesterol levels, and has a beneficial effect on the heart. Served with meat and side dishes.
- Lentils. The composition of this plant is unique, it contains many trace elements (magnesium, iron, etc.), as well as vitamin C. Lentils stimulate blood circulation and cleanse the walls of blood vessels. Suitable for both cold and hot dishes.
- Amaranth. This microgreen has a beautiful pink color and a pleasant delicate taste with a nutty aftertaste. It contains a storehouse of vitamins necessary for our body, so amaranth is ideal for making smoothies.
- Sunflower. It contains iodine, phosphorus, magnesium, calcium, zinc and iron, as well as vitamins E and K, folic acid. Sunflower fights joint pain and is beneficial for acid-base balance. Served with meat and vegetable dishes.
- Lucerne. Extremely useful greens for those who lack iron in the body, as they contain a huge amount of magnesium, phosphorus and calcium, as well as vitamins C, K, A, E. An excellent addition to fish, eggs, salads and snacks.
- Sorrel. A plant with a pleasant sour taste, reminiscent of the taste of lemon. This microgreen is rich in minerals and vitamins, tones the body and strengthens the immune system. Perfect with egg dishes, cheeses, sauces and salads.
- Clover. Its nutritional value is undeniable, clover is rich in proteins, vitamins A, B, C, E, K and a huge amount of trace elements. Helps with skin diseases, removes toxins from the body, cleanses the blood. It is added to salads and gravies.
- Corn. Greens with a pleasant sweet taste and a bright yellow hue that will brighten any dish. Contains vitamins and minerals, has a beneficial effect on the body, improves tone. Corn is ideal for salads and appetizers.
- Spinach. This plant is spicy and aromatic in taste, it contains fats and proteins, iron and a whole range of vitamins. Normalizes blood circulation, lowers cholesterol, removes toxins from the body. Goes to side dishes, salads and gravies.
How are microgreens grown?
This process is simple, even interesting. And it doesn't matter in what conditions you plan to grow, on windowsills or in a greenhouse - the technology for both methods is the same. There are two ways to grow this tasty and healthy microgreen: the traditional method and hydroponics. The first option is in containers with peat compost, called a substrate. The second option is not growing in soil, but in special solutions. If we talk about fertilizers for these plants, then feeding is practically the same as for growing different vegetables, with the exception of some nuances.
Of course, there are some problems that beginners may encounter. Moreover, the cultivation of microgreens cannot be called a difficult process, but it is quite painstaking and requires patience. For example, during the entire cycle (which is from 8 to 14 days), regular preparation of new trays is required, about twice a week, as well as harvesting by hand using scissors. Plant diseases are not excluded, which will have to be dealt with, in addition - taking into account plant pollution. But if you do it carefully and seriously, then many problems can be avoided.
Step-by-step instructions for growing microgreens
Of course, growing greenery has many nuances, and the instructions below are a rough general plan. Each type of microgreen has its own small characteristics, but the principle of cultivation is the same for everyone. So, this is how this process works.
- Place the moistened substrate in the prepared containers and press down a little.
- There is a table on the seed package explaining how to distribute and how much. No need to put seeds in the ground and water, just moisten.
- Containers with crops should be closed, the best option - empty containers.
- Every day, slightly moisten the soil, but do not soak it, the temperature is 20-22 ° С.
- After you notice the first shoots - remove the covering containers.