Sources of business ideas
business ideas, startups, investments, trends - almost every day
Today I will tell you about 10 good and 1 bad source of business ideas.
Copy businesses from other, larger and more developed markets
Almost all successful businesses in the Russian Federation are clones of American ones. VK is an FB clone, Ozon is an Amazon clone, etc.
What worked in the US usually works in Russia. What worked in Moscow will work in Voronezh. The ratio of the sizes of these markets is about 50 to 1. And it is very rare when something first appeared in a small market and then moved to a large one, for example, it first appeared in Voronezh, then came to Moscow, or something appeared in Moscow and then came to US.
In short, the main path for a beginner (in business, music, science, and whatever) is to copy successful templates. If I'm trying to solve a problem, it means that at least 1000 people and 100 projects have already tried to solve this problem, it's silly not to adopt their experience, for which they paid very dearly with money and time.
Where you already work
Turn into an asset, what is already there. There is no need for long comments. 80% of businesses in Russia start this way. You work in a large company (better if in sales or business development) after a while you have a client base and a critical mass of competencies. Further - just a matter of time, conditions, agreements and desires.
For those who still do not have enough competencies to start their own business, perhaps the best way out is to find a “mom” company, get a job there in the sales department and work there for some time to acquire the necessary competencies and contacts.
Where are you already a client
The entrepreneur plans to reach production volumes of 300 tons per year in 2021. With such a volume, production of its own compound feed and connection to centralized gas supply, the enterprise will be able to compete with suppliers from China. Sweet business like a woman
- Idea: Ice Cream Parlor
- Founder: Ekaterina Postoeva
- Region: Volgograd Region
- Description: in In 2021, the first street pavilion selling soft ice cream in sugar cones and paper cups under the sonorous name "Morojko" appeared on the territory of Volgograd.
According to Kistenev, great ideas are born at the moment when a person himself wants to change something. Moreover, he may not be aware of his desire, which gradually gains power over him. For example, Mark Zuckerberg, as a student, was a recluse, but at the same time strived for communication - as a result, he came up with Facebook. Jack Dorsey wanted to know what was happening in his area, and his interest led to the emergence of Twitter.
In order to identify your needs, Kistenev advises answering a number of questions:
- What strong skills do you have?
- What skills would you like to improve?
- What are your most difficult daily activities? <
- which processes you are involved in are poorly organized?
- what are the biggest challenges you face in your work and beyond?
Write down and analyze the answers to these questions to find the rationale in them that will push you to form an idea. Even if you don’t come up with it the first time, it may come to you after re-reading the list or another wording of the answers.
Business with minimal investment | top ideas of the year
Games that people play: quests in reality as a source of income
- Idea: quests in reality
- Entrepreneur: Sergey Kuznetsov, Bogdan Kravtsov, Timur Kadyrov
- Regions: Moscow, St. Petersburg, Nizhny Novgorod
- Description: in 2021, the first quest room appeared in Moscow - a room for playing missions with a planned plot. Bogdan Kravtsov, who previously worked as an IT specialist at Yandex and Artemiy Lebedev Studio, was inspired to create a quest by his favorite PC game, Skirmish, as well as by successful examples in Europe and the West.
Figure 5. Quest in reality "Soviet apartment" In partnership with friends who owned a company for the production of board games and souvenirs, Kravtsov began developing scenarios for the first two games: "Psychiatric hospital" and "Soviet apartment".
Understand your motivation
When we get pleasure from something, time flies by. With this fact in mind, try to outline the range of your hobbies that can form the basis for a business idea. Kistenev recommends following the points below:
Getting a good business idea isn't easy. You can use different sources for this. Seven areas of change analysis can harbor entrepreneurial opportunities. Creative methods for generating new out-of-the-box ideas can help you find fresh approaches to problem solving. Finally, looking at a business idea from an investor perspective will help you succeed in its implementation. You can use different sources for this. Some of the most useful sources of business ideas include the following:
- products manufactured by competitors;
- opinions of trade workers, sales agents;
- various publications;
- reviews consumers;
- recommendations and wishes of friends, relatives;
- publications of the government, local administration of the city, district;
- ideas originated in social services or non-profit organizations; <
- archives of the patent office;
- research laboratories and universities;
- the company's own research and development projects (R&D), etc. ul>
- unexpected event (for an enterprise or industry) - unexpected success, unexpected failure or unexpected external event;
- incongruence - incongruity between reality as it really is business, and our ideas about it ("the way it should be");
- innovations based on the needs of the process (its shortcomings and weaknesses that must be eliminated);
- sudden changes in industry or market structure;
- demographic changes;
- changes in perceptions, attitudes, and values;
- new knowledge (both scientific and unscientific).
- Reverse brainstorming. Group members identify the shortcomings of the proposed ideas. The challenge is not only to find weaknesses, but also to propose ways to eliminate them.
- Gordon's method is based on the fact that the participants do not know in advance what problem will be discussed. Therefore, they are not constrained by the usual patterns and stereotypes. The facilitator outlines a concept related to the problem of interest to him in the most general terms. Participants express their ideas about what they heard. Then, under the guidance of the facilitator, the original concept and other related issues are refined. After that, the very problem for which the discussion was held is revealed. Participants are asked to express their thoughts and concrete proposals for solving the problem.
- The questionnaire method is based on generating new ideas using a free-form list of questions or suggestions relevant to the problem being analyzed. For example: is it possible to find for this some other way of using (adapt, modify, replace, increase or decrease, etc.)
- The heuristic method depends on the entrepreneur's ability to make guesses based on logical reasoning, intuition and past experiences. This method is often used by entrepreneurs to make decisions under conditions of incomplete information, when the consequences of decisions can only be guessed, but cannot be judged with certainty.
- Value analysis. A method of developing new solutions based on maximizing benefits for the entrepreneur and his new venture. In the course of its use, certain questions are asked, for example: is it possible to reduce the cost of a given part and make it replace with a cheaper one, if it does not affect the quality of the finished product.
- Matrix structures. A method of systematizing the search for new ideas by constructing a matrix, the columns of which correspond to the discussed product options, and the rows correspond to the market attributes of these products, written in the form of questions. For example, where it can be used, what segment of customers it is designed for, where and who can use it, etc.
- Dreams of the impossible. A method based on the fact that all dreams that come to mind are recorded until an idea is developed with which to work further. Regardless of how the business idea is received, it must be carefully weighed and evaluated. It is important to make sure that it can truly become the foundation of a successful business.
- upfront costs;
- level of competition;
- ease of copying;
- potential profit.
- your own environment is not a list of all friends and relatives, but a certain social group that a potential entrepreneur is a member of. For example, an athlete can accurately determine (based on the analysis of recent years) what is lacking in a particular area;
- copying - society in different countries has approximately the same processes of demand formation - the difference is only in the level of development of a particular society. Therefore, you can copy a successful idea that found itself in an approximately identical society in another country;
- provision of existing goods and services - here you should choose undeveloped areas. To “wedge” into a saturated niche will require considerable investments at the start, with a high risk of “burn out”. Evaluating the sources of business ideas suggests that it is better to try to come up with something new than to try to compete with experienced players in their field.
Consumer complaints and attention to their unmet needs and requests, wishes and thoughts expressed by friends, relatives and colleagues can give rise to a business idea related to the creation of a new product (service) to meet the needs. Information gleaned from conversations with customers, sales and distribution agents, technical specialists, about competitor products, as well as various publications of newspapers and magazines can lead an entrepreneur to useful thoughts and business ideas. Reviews of inventions in the archives of the patent office, research and development projects of the enterprise can also serve as a source of new ideas.
Peter Drucker points out the need to explore seven areas of change analysis that are most likely to harbor entrepreneurial opportunities. In essence, they are symptoms and serve as indicators of ongoing changes.
A creative approach to problem solving is an important quality of a successful entrepreneur. A number of factors can impede the manifestation of a person's creative potential: worldview, cultural, emotional, organizational. At the same time, there are a number of methods that contribute to the manifestation of creative initiative, the development of new non-standard ideas and approaches to solving problems. Let's take a look at some of the most commonly used methods.
However, not every business idea is potentially profitable, has a promising market, meets the needs and capabilities of an entrepreneur, and is also correct at the moment. New ideas can be filtered according to the following characteristics:
The content of the business idea and how it is presented
To be successful in the implementation of a business idea, it must be viewed from the perspective of an investor. The Business Idea Description is not a product flyer or datasheet, but rather a decision document that should answer three questions.
1. What problem does the business idea solve, what is the consumer's benefit (what)? Success in the marketplace depends on satisfied customers, not amazing products (services). Consumers buy a product because they want to satisfy their need or solve their problems. Thus, the first characteristic of a successful business idea is that it clearly states what need it satisfies and in what form (product or service).
A business idea should offer a solution to a problem that matters to potential customers. The mistake many entrepreneurs make is that when they come up with a solution to a problem, they think about the technical details of the product. Investors think differently. They view a business idea in the context of the market and the consumer. For them, the key factor is the benefit and benefit of the client, and everything else is of secondary importance. In other words, a product or service is a vehicle for providing customer benefits.
Everything about small business, everything for small business
Sources of small business ideas - where they are and how to find them. In this article I want to give an answer to this, perhaps, the most urgent question for people who have decided to do their own business. Many readers ask the question - where and how to find an idea for a small business, what a small business can do. Many readers believe that all sources of ideas for small business have already been exhausted and they will not be able to offer anything new to the market.
Introduction What this article is for
That's why I decided to write this article, write about where you can find or borrow ideas for starting your own small business, where to find sources of ideas for small businesses. I want to make a reservation right away. The article will focus on ideas. And from the idea to starting a small business, you need to go a certain way, which is described in the article and in the article.
A person who hasn't even thought about business may come up with a business idea, quite by accident. Or it may appear in a person who has already decided to start his own business and is purposefully looking for a specific occupation.
Inexhaustible Sources of Small Business Ideas
But there are general sources of ideas for small businesses where they are inexhaustible and you only need to make some effort to find them. What are these sources.
The most important and inexhaustible source is the businessman himself, you yourself. Some authors even offer to stand in front of a mirror and list all their possibilities. Well, it just sounds pretty. But I recommend taking a piece of paper and writing down all your skills and capabilities, including various hobbies. Moreover, under the entry of the idea, write down its advantages and disadvantages. Surely many will be able to find and choose in this way the idea that in the future will be implemented into a profitable business.
Believe me, businessmen themselves are the main sources of ideas for small businesses. There are no such statistics, but for most businesses, the sources of ideas for small businesses are their owners.
Sources of Small Business Ideas - Existing Businesses
Take a close look at the company you work for. You can also use the companies in which you worked before, or just know them. If this is a small business, then I have already described in detail some possible ideas for building my own business in the article.
Material on the topic: "The source of business ideas" with full explanation and justification.
Sourcing and shaping business ideas
Today most young people want to be engaged in business. Doing your own thing, being independent from your "uncle" - that sounds good, but practice provides more difficult situations. First, all people will not be entrepreneurs - the market does not allow such a state of affairs even in theoretical models. There will always be consumers, and such a situation cannot be called wrong. However, if you have the drive, the desire to work and improve yourself, there is every chance to earn extra money and become truly financially independent.
Of course, perseverance alone is not enough - it will not be possible to roost all the obstacles. You will need to learn a little, fill in some gaps in your knowledge of this area. Do not think that you can grow an entrepreneur from books, however, some information should always be in the mind. It concerns business ideas: rules for their formation, sources and attraction of sponsorship money.
Important! Remember that the search for sponsors is twofold. On the one hand, you remove some of the problems from "your head". On the other hand, bilateral obligations appear, which can then become an obstacle. Be very vigilant about this process.
Sources of ideas for entrepreneurship
It all starts with an idea - an interesting thought about a useful solution for people, a product or service that will be in demand in the market. It is impossible to invent such a thing out of thin air today, you need to immediately get at least a minimal profit in order to recoup your investment, ideally - to make good money. The modern market does not provide much time for "promotion". To sell your goods or services, they must be in maximum demand. The fewer identical positions that compete with you, the better.
Sources of business ideas are the centers of opinion formation of a certain set of people. Centers are understood in the context of the main factors for the formation of information, and not a specific place in space. The best options are called:
Obviously, it's not enough to find a seemingly good idea and try to develop it with all your might. At least a few dozen ideas are required - some positions may be identical in essence, but have minor differences that affect the implementation process. It is important to have several plans in order not to waste energy and money.
The main characteristics of a business idea are its existence in the form of a material medium (on paper, in electronic form) and elaboration. Writing a project is the most responsible procedure, since making a mistake at this stage, missing an important point of preparation, you can immediately destroy (greatly harm) the entire project. Therefore, each detail should be passed through several filters in order to understand how well it is made.
It makes no sense to write down all the sections of your plan - they differ depending on the type of activity, so you will have to study a specific issue yourself. We will consider only the points common to all, namely - the section "Main idea", which briefly reflects the essence and the most general features of the proposed actions.