How to start farming from scratch
Business with animals is a quite good idea, capable of growing over time into your own farm and even a plant for processing meat and dairy products. In this article, we will look at the simplest to implement and already tested agricultural business ideas related to growing plants and keeping animals for meat, wool or milk.
Business Ideas: Livestock
Animals and poultry can be bred for the purpose of obtaining milk, meat, fluff (goat, camel, goose), eggs. It is worth choosing a breed depending on your financial capabilities at the start of a business, as well as weather conditions in your area and market demand.
- Goat farming as a business
Goats eat a little (much less cows), they are unpretentious in their diet, they give very useful milk, wool, and can also act as a source of meat. It takes a small amount of money to start a business.
Selecting goats for breeding
It is best to buy local breeds that are adapted to your climate.
What you need for business:
On average, one goat will serve you faithfully for 7 to 9 years.
Tips for breeding goats:
City dwellers sometimes think about changing the "stone jungle" to a calm and measured life in the countryside. But the reality is that one cannot do without money for subsistence either in the city or far beyond its borders. Fortunately, starting a farm from scratch is a feasible task, but it requires preliminary analysis and development of a business idea.
Farming business is a complex type of entrepreneurship that requires state registration and a well-developed business plan.
Choice of direction
Before you become a Farmer from scratch in Russia, develop a business plan for your farm. Calculate how much initial capital will be required to purchase the required minimum to start a business from scratch.
Consult with entrepreneurs experienced in the business area in question, and divide the implementation of the idea into stages.
Regardless of the chosen direction of farming from scratch, you will need a land plot.
Will consider 2 options for obtaining land:
Both options have pros and cons. If a land plot is rented, then you do not need to immediately spend a large amount. This allows the existing capital to be directed to the development of agriculture. The downside is that you are limited in the use of the terms of the lease, and there is no guarantee that after the expiration of the validity period, the landlord will not express a desire to end cooperation.
The best option is to buy a land plot before opening a farm. You will have to spend money right away, but the land becomes property, and no one can limit the entrepreneur's desire to start farming.
The average cost of a hectare of land, for example, in the Voronezh, Tula, Tver regions is from 20 thousand rubles. This is a real price even for beginners looking to start their own farming business.
A peasant farm is an organization created on a commercial basis, where entire families usually act as leadership. Such organizations are engaged in the production of various types of agricultural products in order to sell them profitably, making a profit.
Only those organizations whose profits are 70 percent or more from the sale of agricultural products can be called a farm.
For this reason, many literate businessmen, before realizing the idea of organizing their own farm, prefer to understand the specifics of its existence, the methods of running this business, as well as the directions in which it is possible to work.
Farming for income
The state authorities in Russia are interested in the fact that personal subsidiary plots grow into farms.
The adoption of the following laws and programs proves this:
- federal program designed to stabilize and stimulate the development of agricultural production in the Russian Federation;
- the law on the regulation of agricultural production at the state level of 1997;
- a support program for beginner farmers, within the framework of which 7,700 entrepreneurs in this area can receive grants for the start and further development of a farm;
- concessional lending and taxation.
Practice shows that a private farm that was originally created to meet the needs of one family, which decided to expand it and turn it into a commercial structure, usually becomes a farm.
Livestock. You can raise sheep, cattle, pigs, rabbits, horses, etc.
Peasant farm specialization
Business ideas with calculations that lead to money
How to organize crop production and earn more than 6 million rubles annually on growing grain and other crops? Who to hire, what equipment is needed, and what crops to grow? We will calculate all the costs and find out the profitability of the case in the article.
Crop business plan
The business plan is based on the cultivation of cereals, legumes and other crops that are in high demand in the production of such irreplaceable products as bread, butter, pasta. Also, crops are used in agriculture as feed for animals and birds, which is also important in the development of these industries.
Wheat, soybeans, sunflowers, etc. can be grown only when organizing crop rotation, since the same crop is not constantly grown in the same field. Thanks to crop rotation, one crop enriches the fields, after which the other crop receives all the nutrients from the previous one and gives a large harvest.
- Writing a business plan.
- Hire an agronomist.
- Crop rotation planning.
- Registration of individual entrepreneurs or peasant farms.
- Rent and field preparation.
- Purchase of planting material.
- Rent and purchase of equipment.
- Hiring staff.
- Processing fields.
- Processing of planting material.
- Sowing work.
Evaluating the idea
Before starting a business, the idea of growing different crops requires analysis and evaluation. Since financial investments are significant, you need to correctly analyze all the nuances of the business.
First you need to answer the following questions:
- Does the climate allow growing crops? - not for all crops the climate plays the most important role, but the yield depends on it.
- Where can I get finances for organizing a business? - excluding the purchase of equipment and land, the business will require over 15 million rubles.
- Will crop rotation be organized? - crop rotation is obligatory in practice. The yield depends on the quality organization of crop rotation.
- Is it possible to rent fields? - without the possibility of renting fields, you will have to buy them, which will require an additional 5-10 million rubles.
- Is it possible to rent equipment? - find equipment for rent, at least partially. The purchase of all equipment can cost 10-20 million rubles.
- How serious is the competition? - if competition is high, it can affect pricing and bottom line.
- Where to sell large quantities of products? - you need to take care of sales in advance. Count on hundreds of tons of crops to be sold profitably.
- What prices and yields have been on the market over the past five years? - the data will help in drawing up a business plan.
- Do you need to build barns to store crops? - if you agree with sales in advance at fixed prices with several customers, then the barns are not needed. They can also be rented.
- How hard is it to find quality workers? - farmers complain about the lack of qualified personnel.
- Who will run the big business? - you can hire a manager with experience or do the management yourself.
Each point should be analyzed in as much detail as possible. Correct answers will allow you to draw up the most accurate business plan for growing crops. Some of the questions will be discussed below in the article. Also look at the pros and cons of the case.
- High demand.
- State support.
- Waste-free production.
- Hybrid varieties for the climate.
- Possibility to rent land and equipment.
- High competition.
- Without lease of land and equipment, investments will increase significantly.
As you know, the sphere of private business has many areas of activity, and one of the most important is peasant farming or agribusiness, which is based on the production of agricultural products necessary for the needs of the family. Under Russian legislation, farms are endowed with the status of privately owned enterprises, which gives them the right to register a legal entity.
Farms for the market produce so much products that the profit from the sale could provide every family with everything necessary for life, while providing the able-bodied citizens of the country with work.
Agribusiness in Russia: profitable ideas
At the heart of any type of agribusiness are farms, whose goal is to provide the market with large-scale production of agricultural products. At the same time, regardless of the type of activity, a businessman should apply modern production technologies, workers should be hired on a permanent basis, and not temporarily.
Today, agricultural business can only be considered in conjunction with new information technologies and taking into account changes in economic development. It was the new technologies that allowed businessmen to grow fruits and vegetables throughout the year and to grow crops even in regions where the climate does not allow this.
Today, a modern man puts more and more demands on environmentally friendly products, so the issue of growing environmentally friendly onions, herbs, salads, dill and parsley in greenhouses is quite relevant.
There is no need to talk about the high demand for these types of products. At the same time, it is worth noting the simple process of growing greens, when the temperature regime for plant growth is 19 degrees familiar to humans. The consumption of water and light usually requires very little greens.
Consider onion yield for a sample. One square meter can grow 1.6 kg of onions, over the entire summer period - 3.8 kg of onions. The use of high-quality fertilizers will allow the leaves of the plant to gain strength within 28 days. By selling greenery at retail, an entrepreneur will be able to receive up to 320 Russian currency units per kilogram.
Modern development of shelving allows growing plants to be placed in two planes, which increases the number of products, and, therefore, the income from its sale.
Consider the cost of planting a bow:
- The purchase of onions for 5 acres of land will have to spend - 30,000 rubles.
- Fertilizers for 5 ares will require 2,000 Russian currency units.
- Additional costs (film, drugs for diseases) will amount to 1,500 rubles.