Generation of business ideas
What is the most difficult thing in business? Looking for investors, bypassing competitors or keeping records is difficult, but these are essential components. The most difficult thing for an entrepreneur is to find an idea for which you want to work 24 hours a day. An idea that will inspire not only you, but those around you. From which a promising business will grow.
You don't have to be Elon Musk or Nikola Tesla to generate such ideas. It is enough to notice problems and use ready-made algorithms. In this article, we'll show you how to get an endless list of business ideas.
How does a startup idea differ from a traditional business?
A startup is a company that tests non-traditional business models in order to increase margins or lower the threshold for entering the market. But if you use unusual development paths, there is a need for hypotheses and tests. In all other cases, nothing needs to be invented - the result is provided by professionals, cheap money and proven strategies. Simply put, a startup with equal efforts should generate much more money than a traditional business.
ways to come up with a competitive business idea
Below is a cheat sheet for those who want to turn the economy around and come up with something truly new and, importantly, useful - tools for generating business ideas. What's interesting - the result depends only on your ingenuity, outlook and diligence. And, most likely, these ideas will be unique, because the environment and way of thinking are different for all of us.
The Six Thinking Hats of Edward de Bono
Have you ever sat down at a laptop in order to come up with a new business, product or solution to an old problem, and as a result, you were distracted by other tasks? It's just that your thinking is chaos and that's okay. To achieve the result, Edward de Bono proposed to break down thinking into six modes, focusing on only one of them, solving a specific problem. To make it clearer, we came up with a colored hat for each mode (the hat can be either figurative or real - all at your discretion).
- Blue hat - management and coordination. It is worn at the beginning to outline a strategy and periodically along the way of thinking to control the process.
- White hat - information and facts. We analyze what data is missing and where it can be found. We look at which numbers are outdated, whether the statistics correspond to reality.
- Red hat - emotions and feelings. Expressions are made based on personal experiences and preferences, well suited for evaluating the design and the aesthetic side of the solution.
Making simple and inexpensive bicycles
Today, interesting business ideas are increasingly focused on the production of bicycles, as more and more people prefer this type of transport. This is quite understandable: using a bike, you keep yourself in good physical shape and save money (either on paying for public transport, or on refueling your car).
Oddly enough, bicycles are the most popular both among residents of big cities and villages. It is not always convenient for city dwellers to use cars because of the constantly arising traffic jams, and villagers often drive in places where the car simply will not pass.
Financing plan for the future enterprise:
- About 30-40 thousand rubles - rent of space for a workshop;
- Purchase of equipment:
- 70 thousand rubles - welding machine ;
- from 60 to 100 thousand rubles - bending machine;
- 2021 rubles - paint spray.
Remuneration for the labor of a professional welder and painting master depends on the schedule and amount of work (30-70 thousand rubles). You will have to pay from 20 to 40 thousand rubles for assembling a bicycle.
Creating a good website that attracts customers can cost 50-70 thousand rubles. About 20 thousand rubles will have to be spent on advertising (ads, flyers, billboards, etc.). Naturally, advertising costs depend on the scale of the advertising campaign.
3 examples of a successful small business in Russia from scratch.
I would like to note that today interesting business ideas for the production of bicycles are focused on the fact that the workshop is better located in rural areas - this can bring very good profit.
At first, you can get about 50 thousand rubles of net profit and gradually reach an average monthly income of 200 thousand rubles. Please note: we are talking about a production located outside the city. If the price and quality match each other, then you are guaranteed a stable income.
CrossFit (CrossFit) can rightfully be classified as interesting business ideas in the world due to the active spread of this fitness direction. The essence of CrossFit is in a special method: during one workout, both strength and functional exercises are performed.
Generating breakthrough ideas in business
About the book
A seamless and practical system for generating breakthrough ideas in business.
Are there algorithms for creating breakthrough ideas that are clear and accessible for any business? Are there technologies that maximize the creative potential of a team, many times greater than the intellectual potential of a lone manager?
As beautiful as the myths about Newton and the falling apple and other "accidental" discoveries are, the process of creative search can be made manageable and technological.
The presented book provides effective applied techniques for the development of innovative ideas. For each technique, a step-by-step instruction is given, the main points of control are indicated, as well as risks affecting the effectiveness of the proposed technologies and algorithms.
Clear and accessible instructions will help the reader to develop their business projects and use the creativity of their team 100%.
About the Authors
Evgeny Petrov is a professional business coach. Studied business management at the Higher School of Economics and received a gold certificate at Erickson International University. He specializes in creative thinking, strategic planning and management technologies. He is known for his trainings "Development of Creative Thinking in Business", "Effective Leader", "Breakthrough Meetings" and "Management Coaching". For nine years he has released 250 educational programs. Head of the Corporate University SKB Kontur. He works with the government of the Sverdlovsk Region, EMC Post of Russia, TNK, City Center for Real Estate, the Malakhit restaurant chain, Seversky Granite Quarry, Gazkomplekt-Servis, Ural Glass Company and the Source of Health pharmacy chain. Has been conducting business for seven years.
Alexander Petrov - Candidate of Philosophical Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of Sociology and Social Technologies of Management, Ural Federal University named after the first President of Russia B. Yeltsin (Yekaterinburg).
Material on the topic: "Generating business ideas" with full explanation and justification.
Idea generation: sources of inspiration
Recently there was an article on the blog about finding ideas for business. Let's continue this important topic with a small list of sources of inspiration for generating business plans.
These sources should help whip up your imagination, direct it in a new direction, notice what your mind's gaze used to just glide idly at before.
Of course, mechanical use of the techniques and methods described below will do nothing. You need to internally prepare, open up, tune in to the search.
Ten Ways to Come Up with an Original Business Idea
1. Scroll through the advertising guide or newspaper
Every ad hides someone's business. Newspaper advertisements are a great way to see a "slice" of entrepreneurial activity in a particular area, highlight the current trend, notice something new. Perhaps dozens of similar ads will give you the idea to create a b2b company that skims the cream off the pie of fierce competition.
2. Remember in the evening all the difficulties you faced during the day (in the week, last month).
You have a chance to identify a "sore spot", to identify an unmet need. At the same time, it can be the most unexpected - in our century a variety of services have the right to exist - up to the sale of something that does not exist (virtual gifts on social networks).
3. A similar way is for friends and acquaintances.
Today we propose to discuss the following topic: "Generation of business ideas". We have collected and prepared a complete description of the business model and invite yours to express your opinion in the comments.
Best Idea Generation Techniques
Perhaps it is difficult to find a more important skill in the modern world than creativity. Over the past decade, artificial intelligence has made incredible advances in data processing, but in one thing it has hardly budged - in the ability to generate new ideas. So far, this remains the prerogative of humanity - and we must definitely use it. In this article, we have compiled a selection of the best techniques to help you find original and useful ideas.
The world's first and already classic method. It allows you to generate a large number of ideas in a short time, which are further evaluated. Brainstorm involves group work, but nothing prevents you from doing it alone.
There are three stages of brainstorming:
- Preparatory - participants formulate a problem, collect information, choose a leader.
- Idea generation - each of the participants comes up with as many ideas as possible, guided by the following rules:
- everything is accepted, even crazy and fantastic ideas, without any criticism ;
- ideas can be combined, improved, supplemented.
- Evaluation of ideas - at this stage they are sorted and criticized, the most tenacious are worked out further, the rest are discarded.
Six Thinking Hats
An advanced version of classic brainstorming. It has a playful form, allows you to look at the task from different angles and improves intra-team interaction.
Each participant alternately "puts on" one of the hats, i.e. ponders the problem from one of 6 angles:
- Blue hat - only one participant tries on it - the moderator. He formulates a goal, makes sure that all hats are used correctly, and sums it up.
- White hat - responsible for analytical understanding of the problem. Participants discuss existing facts, look for missing information.
- Red hat - makes it possible to express an emotional attitude to the problem and possible options for its solution, and also allows you to turn on intuition.
- Black hat - suggests a pessimistic view of the problem under discussion. Participants discuss its negative aspects and consequences, criticize the existing options for a way out.
- Yellow hat - is responsible for the optimistic side of the problem. It is necessary to find the benefit (even if it is not obvious), to reveal the hidden useful resources and opportunities.
- Green hat - this mode assumes the actual generation of ideas and the search for new, non-standard methods for solving the problem.