Opening of tea production
Contents of the article:
Tea as a business is distinguished by the highest profitability. There is a lot of competition in this market, but investors are always interested in the variety of natural types of tea. We offer you to try yourself in the business of making tea bags or high quality long tea.
Opening a tea bag plant
Paper tea bags are always easy to use. They are popular in offices and travel, among workers and students. But true tea connoisseurs are careless about the bags. They believe they are packaging only low quality product.
We recommend that you produce a high quality product. Start your own tea bag business.
You must first register with the tax authorities. To do this, you need to register individual entrepreneurship. It is advisable to choose a simple taxation system (income minus expenses). After that, you need to purchase permits from the SES and from Rospotrebnadzor.
- Register technical conditions - TU.
- Technical instructions.
- Veterinary service permission.
- Help from SES.
You can use the support of specialists when preparing documents. This will save you time to get started.
Premises, equipment and staff
1. Compliance with all standards presented by the Sanitary and Epidemiological Service.
Russia is one of the five countries with the highest tea consumption. Although the market is replete with a wide variety of teas, consumer demand for it is very high. The launch of our own tea production will not only give a stable profit in the foreseeable future, but will also serve as the basis for further business development - growing our own tea or opening a chain of stores. We will understand the intricacies of starting production, basic costs and sales market.
Registration of activities and declaration of products
To start a business, you will need to open a commercial organization. The two most popular forms of doing business in Russia are IE (individual entrepreneur) and LLC (limited liability company). The difference between them is significant, each has its own pros and cons.
Conventionally, an individual entrepreneur is a simplified system of work, it is registered for one person, who acts as the owner of the entire business, and also bears personal financial responsibility and risks his property in case of difficulty.
LLC is a more complex organization in which there may be several owners, but all of them are responsible only within the framework of the authorized capital (from 10,000 rubles). To more accurately determine which form of business suits you, you should contact specialized lawyers for advice.
The costs of registering an individual entrepreneur and LLC are also different. They depend on whether you yourself will prepare documents or contact specialists. Most entrepreneurs prefer to do this through intermediaries, and we will build on this.
Tea is a product that needs to be declared. To obtain a declaration of conformity, you will need to contact a certification body. For this, the following documents are provided:
- statutory documents of the company;
- information about the seller / manufacturer;
- technical documentation;
- documents about laboratory research and expertise,
- catalog and product name.
It should be noted that different declarations are issued for black tea and green tea. After their registration, you will need to obtain a SEZ (sanitary and epidemiological conclusion).
Types of tea
There are more than 3500 varieties of tea in the world. The most common types are black and green. Red, yellow, white tea, oolong tea, pu-erh tea, as well as their various fruit variations are widely available for sale.
Based on Russian realities, the country has established the production of black, green and "fruit" teas. Suitable climatic conditions for this are in the south of Russia, or rather in the Republic of Adygea and the Krasnodar Territory (ochi). Tea production takes place there outside of greenhouse conditions.
In Russia, 98% of the population uses tea. Product consumption for 1 person exceeds 1 kg per year. The market capacity in monetary terms in 2021 was about RUB 55 billion. It is planned that by 2021 this figure will grow to 65 billion rubles.
In 2021, there was a trend towards an increase in consumer interest in quality tea in the Russian Federation. It is predicted to continue. The period is considered favorable for opening your own tea shop or small shop.
Teas made in the Russian Federation are 99% of foreign raw materials. Russia ranks 6th in the world in terms of product imports. Leading suppliers of raw materials:
- Sri Lanka;
90% of imported tea is black. The remaining 10 are green and other varieties. The retail price in the Russian Federation depends on the situation in the supplying countries, the exchange rate and the economy as a whole.
The tea business is considered elite. 10-15 years ago, consumers bought tea bags. In 2021, the number of connoisseurs of the classic drink made from quality ingredients has increased.
Selling tea as a business is considered a lucrative endeavor. The retail margin is 100-150%. Start-up costs are minimal. There is no need to purchase expensive equipment, and the products are stored for a long time. However, business has a seasonality. Sales doubled from December to February.
Which outlet format should you choose?
The size of the investment and the estimated profit depend on the format of the outlet. Tea can be sold:
- In a classic store. To start your business from scratch, rent a separate building with an area of at least 20 square meters. Include weight and packaging products in your assortment.
- Online store. You can save on renting and buying equipment, but you have to develop your resource. Create it yourself or contact a professional. The sale will be conducted via the Internet. At first, sales volumes will be small - in addition, investments will be required to promote the resource. It is better to open an online tea store together with a real retail outlet. Then you will receive additional profit.
- Dropshipping. You can save on renting space for a warehouse and purchasing products. The entrepreneur acts as an intermediary. He is looking for suppliers and customers. Products are sold with a large margin, but the method is risky. If there is a delay on the supplier's side, the dropshipper will have to answer to the buyer.
- Showcase or stall with a minimum assortment. Such points are put in large stores.
- Tasting room. It is usually combined with a classic store. This form of business allows you to increase the range. The cost of renting the premises will increase, since a large area will be required to implement the project. In the tasting room, you can taste the products on sale so that the client does not have to buy a "pig in a poke". Later, the tasting room can be turned into a cafe.
How to start a tea shop from scratch?
If you want to start selling tea profitably, proceed as follows:
Every resident of our country drinks up to 3 cups of tea daily. A huge assortment of different varieties of this drink based on tea leaves is presented on store shelves. With the resurgence of the natural food fashion, consumers are increasingly opting for herbal infusions.
Ivan tea or narrow-leaved fireweed is a plant, the taste and aroma of which is familiar to almost every person. It has long been brewed and drunk in Russia, believing that it is able to cure many diseases. Many entrepreneurs living in rural areas are engaged in the production of willow tea. They are attracted by high profitability and minimal investment in opening their own company.
Ivan tea production as a business
You can start a business with homemade Ivan tea from scratch. The grass grows in fields and forest edges. Most of the villagers collect it by hand. One person picks up about 20 kg of sheets in 8 hours of work. For a large enterprise, such a quantity of raw materials is negligible, and one can hardly hope for a large profit.
Experienced entrepreneurs prefer to buy ready-made raw materials from villagers at a wholesale price. The mixture remains only to dry and ferment. In the first year of operation, the company is recommended to produce traditional varieties. In the future, the range is expanded with the help of various additives, such as berries or medicinal plants.
There are companies in Russia that carry out a full production cycle: from growing willow tea to its processing and packaging. With this approach, the resulting material will be of high quality. In addition, companies save on wages for grass pickers and the purchase of production material.
We recommend some interesting business ideas:
Russian legislation allows citizens to sell surplus crops obtained on their own personal plot without paperwork. But in order to be engaged in the sale of Ivan-tea on a large scale, it is necessary to register the organization with the tax authority. An individual entrepreneur or LLC should be chosen as the organizational and legal form of activity.
At the second stage of paperwork, the businessman must certify the goods. It is impossible to conclude contracts with retail chains without the permission of Rospotrebnadzor.
If the herbal mixture will be produced in single-use sachets, additional equipment will be purchased. Some manufacturers offer complete lines for the production of tea drinks. Their cost depends on the configuration and power, and on average is about 1 million rubles. The necessary equipment is chosen after the entrepreneur determines the volume of products.
Investments: from 4 million rubles.
Payback: from 14 months
Almost everyone in Russia drinks tea. This has already become a tradition in many families. Today, herbal teas are becoming more and more popular. They can be easily prepared at home from plant leaves, or you can buy ready-made in bags (there are very few high-quality products on the market). The original taste and healing properties of such drinks are appreciated by many people. This is a great idea for making money.
Establishing a full-fledged production of tea in our country, most likely, will not work, since its main plantations are located outside our country (if only buy tea and pack it). However, it is possible to build a very profitable business in the production and sale of herbal teas. Such products, which are in demand among a certain circle of consumers, will not require a large start-up capital and will be an excellent alternative to traditional black or green tea.
Types of herbal teas
The most common types of herbal teas are:
- tonic (invigorating) tea is made from herbs such as St. John's wort, lemongrass, sage, rosemary, peppermint;
- vitamin drink to strengthen the immune system is black currant leaves, raspberries, nettles, yarrow;
- soothing tea is prepared from mint, motherwort, valerian;
- diuretic teas cleanse the body of toxins. Saffron, sage, coltsfoot leaves are used for their preparation;
- tea, which helps with flu and colds, is made from raspberry leaves, mint currants, chamomile flowers, linden;
- herbal tea during pregnancy is prepared from raspberries, currants, ginger;
- children's tea, which includes linden, chamomile, mint, sage, fennel, rose hips.
- herbal slimming tea.
What is required for implementation?
In order to establish the production of herbal tea and implement a business idea, several important tasks have to be solved:
- to study information about the production of products, properties, indications, contraindications of different types of drinks;
- to determine the range of products produced, to understand the intricacies of the production process; li >
- find people who will collect herbs, or conclude contracts for the supply of raw materials with suppliers;
- purchase equipment and rent a suitable premises;
- conduct market analysis, study prices, conditions and the product line of potential competitors.