Not a single construction site can do without nails. They are no less in demand in everyday life. This product is invariably in demand among both the population and construction organizations. The production of nails as a business can be organized without significant capital investment (on a minimum scale). Income will depend on the price of raw materials - steel wire, bronze, copper, brass or zinc in the form of nail wire, plastic. However, the most common are steel nails.
Varieties of steel nails
These products differ in shape, length, thickness, processing method, purpose, cost. When buying, the focus is on the purpose:
- furnished ;
- Perfected (black, galvanized, in cassettes) - used to create various structures from wood or fasten metal elements to wood;
- machine (beveled point);
- roofing (black and galvanized);
- construction nails (black and galvanized);
- screw (black and galvanized, with traditional or screw head);
- with a large head;
- dowel nails (without thread and threaded) - used to create fasteners with stone, brick, concrete.
The most expensive are nails with a large head and machine nails. Galvanized material is always more expensive than black material with similar characteristics.
Raw materials for manufacturing - steel wire, which complies with GOST 3282-74, which is supplied in bobbins weighing from 0.7 to 1.3 tons. The price of a spool of wire for nails depends on the diameter and can vary between 24-34 thousand rubles (per ton). The production technology is quite simple:
- unwinding and straightening the wire;
- moving it with a roller straightening device to the nailer;
- cutting workpieces of a certain length; li >
- shaping the head, notches on it and the tip using a landing slider;
- dumping into the finished product bin.
Roller straightening device - a pair of chisels fixed in mandrels to grip the wire and move it. The wire is pushed into the striker until it stops, clamped and bite off, released during the reverse movement and held by the sleeve. A head is formed on the cut-off segment, and the striking device returns to its previous position to repeat the process.
The hats are formed using two discs with semi-circular grooves, equipped with notches to hold the wire. The clamping device positions the grooves against each other, forming a hole, due to which notches are formed in the finished head. The sharp end with a taper not exceeding 40 ° is formed due to the special design of the nippers.
The production of dowel nails is more complex. They consist of a smooth or screw-shaped nail and a figured dowel. The nail can be made of steel or its alloy with zinc and aluminum.
The demand for nails in our country has recently increased by 7% every year. This creates favorable conditions for the success of aspiring entrepreneurs who decide to work in this area. Such a business does not require large investments and pays off in a fairly short time.
What you need to start a business
If the decision to engage in commercial activity is made, it is necessary to register the business and rent a suitable premises.
It is necessary to decide on the types of products that will be produced. There are several types of nails:
- slate ;
- roofing sheets (for roofs);
- standard construction; li >
- for metal and concrete;
The diameter of the finished product varies from 0.8 to 8 mm, length - from 8 to 250 mm.
Preliminarily, it is worth studying the demand for specific types of products, and based on the data obtained, compile a list of assortments. The cost of the necessary raw materials and equipment will depend on this.
Before starting the shop, you should take care of hiring qualified personnel and advertising that will ensure demand.
It is more profitable to register small-scale production as an individual entrepreneur. This will simplify interaction with the tax authorities, but will not allow concluding agreements with large customers who are ready to purchase a whole batch of the product. When expanding an enterprise, it is worth acquiring the status of LLC in order to freely cooperate with other companies.
When starting your own business, you need to think about an action plan. What is in demand in the market for goods or services? One of the most popular products in the construction industry is nails - a consumable building material. The production of nails can be a gold mine for you, because they are necessary for any repair and construction, as well as installation work.
Nails Sales Points
A nail business should be started after you study the demand for finished products. Construction firms prefer to work with large suppliers; competition must also be taken into account. Is there anyone else in the nail business and looking for sales outlets the same way you do? If not, then it is quite possible to launch a powerful production of nails and nail dowels, since it will not be difficult to negotiate wholesale supplies.
To declare yourself as a new reliable supplier in the construction market, use advertising:
- In print media;
- On the Internet.
If you cannot provide large volumes of supplies to construction firms, then you can negotiate with construction stores that sell goods wholesale or retail. You can sell products yourself, but with this approach you cannot get a lot of profit. But it will turn out in this way to establish oneself as a good entrepreneur.
The technology for producing nails is very simple: almost all the work is done by special equipment. Manual labor is reduced to a minimum. Making nails is divided into stages:
- Feeding the wire to the machine, where it instantly straightens;
- Cutting the wire;
- Sharpening the end of the stud and shaping the head; li >
Everyone can cope with the manufacture of nails and dowels. It is not necessary to have special experience and knowledge, you just need to choose high-quality equipment for the workshop.
Selection of premises for the workshop
On the one hand, the idea of organizing the production of nails resembles the business idea of a clergyman from Ilf Petrov's immortal novel about a candle factory. But this idea has a great chance of being implemented for the following reasons:
- nails as a product are always in demand and are practically not subject to risk during economic crisis;
- production is highly automated and the influence of the human factor is minimal;
- necessity in a small production area with low energy consumption for heating, ventilation, sewerage;
- the possibility of using mechanisms to reduce the tax base;
- a wide potential sales network through existing hardware stores and building materials stores as well as by creating their outlets for equipping which only require scales for weighing nails;
- good prospects for concluding a contract for the wholesale supply of products to construction organizations;
- nails as a product are durable, do not require special conditions for packaging, storage and transportation;
- it is easy to use various marketing techniques in order to increase competitiveness in the market;
- low cost of production due to large administrative and management and other production costs.
The business idea is the production and sale of nails. Small technological automated equipment produces an average of 350 nails per minute from a coil of wire. The wire is placed with a telpher (hand hoist) on a special device and pulled onto the machine. The machine is easily reconfigured to the standard size of nails and allows you to produce a wide range of products.
Nail business requires
Management, procurement and managerial functions for the management and organization of business, the purchase of material and boxes and the sale of finished products can be combined at the first stage.
A small automated machine that cuts off a piece of wire of the required length and forms a nail head by impact has an average productivity of 350 pcs / min. depending on the size of the nail. Particular attention should be paid to the quality of the wire. It is necessary to carry out strict control and cut off the wire with rust, defects in thickness, low steel grade.
Estimated Financial Plan
- The cost of the machine is 380,000 rubles.
- Hand telfer - 15,000 rubles.
- Hand cart - 5,000 rubles.
- Consumables - 100,000 rubles.
- Premises rental - 10,000 rubles.
- The salary of employees is 45,000 rubles.
- Power supply - 10,000 rubles.
- Unforeseen - 5,000 rubles.
6 tons at a price of 45 rubles / kg = 270,000 rubles
Thus, after deducting taxes, your profit will be 90,000 per month.
Investments can be borrowed from a bank, through leasing, through a small business support fund. To finance small business, special financial and credit institutions are being created in the country. Concessional financing of small businesses by the administrations of regions and cities on a competitive basis is widely practiced.
Nail production - can this business be organized by a beginner entrepreneur, as a rule, with limited funds and no experience in doing business? Practice shows that there are no restrictions in this regard, and the business of producing nails is quite accessible to almost anyone.
Benefits of a nail business
Indeed - why nails? Not the self-tapping screws, which I already talked about here, not any other fasteners? The choice in favor of the production of nails is easy to explain - no construction can do without them. How many nails do you think it takes to build a 7 x 8 meter wooden 1-storey house? More than 300 kilograms! And during the construction of a multi-storey apartment building - several tens of tons! And tens of thousands of such houses are being built all over the country! And maybe hundreds ...
In general, without nails - nowhere, not only in construction, but also for minor household repairs. The technology for making nails is not complicated, the equipment is "affordable" for almost any willing entrepreneur, with a small start-up capital, and the sales market is the main problem of any business, in our case, it is simply huge. And the product hardly needs any additional advertising. back to contents ↑
How nails are
Do they differ in anything other than size? - you ask. Of course! Here are just some of the main types of nails, differing in their purpose:
- Conventional construction nails
- Screw - for a more rigid connection of wooden parts
- Comb (also called sharpened nails) - the purpose is the same as that of the screw
- Slate nails (the name speaks for itself)
- Finishing nails - used for finishing work
- Nails for working with concrete, brick and metal
And there are also boots, wallpaper, tare, roofing, etc. All this information is necessary in order to choose the type of nails that you will produce among all the variety. back to contents ↑
How to register your company
You must immediately warn that wholesale buyers of products will not cooperate with an officially unformed enterprise. And it will hardly be possible to “hide” the production of nails from the tax service - the scale is too large.
The choice in the registration of the form of doing business, under which the manufacture of nails falls, is small - either an individual entrepreneur or an LLC. You can find out the difference between a private entrepreneur and a limited liability company in this source. How to register an individual entrepreneur can be found here, about registration of an LLC - here.