How a family workshop makes over 1 million rubles a year on woodwork
For people who decide to start their own business, but have limited start-up capital, small-scale production will be the ideal solution.
A business that started from small volumes will be more successful in the future, since all the intricacies and risks of own business can be experienced with a small financial investment.
Home Business Development
Most often, women on maternity leave and retirees who want to have an additional source of income begin to take an interest in small business at home.
In this case, it is important to find the niche in which the future businessman is well versed.
Basically, such a business develops from a hobby:
- knitting ;
- soap making ;
- candle making;
- baking cakes;
- making interior and souvenir products;
- embroidery of paintings, etc.
These options allow you to open a business without having additional premises, you can do it directly at home.
Raw materials and equipment are inexpensive, so the initial costs are minimal.
Another distinctive feature of such production is that the products are mainly manufactured to order a specific consumer, taking into account his wishes.
Therefore, a businessman does not have to look for a market for products.
In this case, you should devote your attention to the opening of small-scale production that requires minimal investment.
The most popular and profitable ideas here include:
The method of cement production depends on what raw materials are used:
- "wet" - the raw material is crushed in water, the resulting charge has the form of a suspension - sludge, the moisture content of which is 40%;
- "dry" - in this case the charge is represented by crushed powder, which is dried before mixing;
- "combined" - dry and wet methods are combined, and the result is a mixture with a moisture content of 20%.
- limestone crusher;
- product grinding mill;
- clay agitator mill;
- ball a tube mill for grinding and mixing raw materials;
- a rotary kiln to obtain clinker;
- an industrial refrigerator for cooling clinker;
- an electrostatic precipitator and dust collection chamber; <
- tanks and slurry basin;
- feed pumps;
- waste gas bin;
- packaging equipment.
Some ideas for the fair sex:
- The most hackneyed, but working and consistently profitable idea is to open your own sewing workshop. The point is not to do your own sewing, but to hire a few smart seamstresses and organize a home business production. At the same time, the entrepreneur is responsible for opening an individual entrepreneur, building a staff, providing workers with raw materials, searching for sales markets, maintaining accounting and tax accounting, introducing creative ideas and conducting effective advertising campaigns. Setting the requirement for employment only if you have your own sewing machine will remove the question of equipping a mini-workshop. Risks can be minimized by highlighting a wide assortment - bed linen, children's clothes, outerwear, overalls, school uniforms, clothes for dogs, etc. And if you introduce another area of activity - making clothes for dolls from the remaining rags, you can achieve zero waste production. Another profitable option is sewing festive costumes, which can be not only sold, but also rented.
- Regardless of the state of the economy, people continue to buy food, so the next good idea is frozen convenience foods. For the activity, you will need the following components:
- clean and skilled cooks;
- packaging bags, for example, for dumplings.
- Various garden figures are starting to be in great demand. Garden plots are increasingly being decorated with the help of landscape design, so cheerful gnomes in bright caftans flaunt at many garden pavilions. Making such figurines does not pose any difficulties. To implement this idea, you will need a shed or garage. A large assortment of sketches is available on the Internet.
Customer acquisition can be organized through word of mouth, posting announcements in any crowded places, and delivering information to large offices and organizations with a large staff. In parallel, you can produce pickles, jams, confectionery.
You should also pay attention to the following options:
- Growing mushrooms.
- Weaving vine baskets.
- Bake cookies.
- Pottery making.
Many novice businessmen are thinking about manufacturing at home. This desire is fully justified, especially in connection with the realities of the present time. In the article, we will consider many ideas of home production and for each idea we will voice our vision of the situation. The article will be split into two parts. In each of the parts, we will touch upon certain issues related to the advantages of a home business, ideas of production in certain conditions, and the sale of manufactured goods. Please, in the comments under the article, suggest your ideas for home production to supplement the article with new information.
- Benefits of a home business;
- Ideas for production in an apartment; - Food; - Needlework; - Ideas for men;
- Ideas for seasonal production;
All this allows you to multiply the chances of success and significantly reduce risks. Next, the most popular and profitable business ideas for production will be presented. In this case, they will be divided into blocks depending on the ability to work in an apartment or the need to carry out all the work in a private house.
This block contains the direction of home production, which you can do right in your apartment. For more convenience, we have divided ideas into thematic blocks.
One of the most popular industries today is the household. This demand is, first of all, due to the fact that the offered goods are everyday goods.
Fragrant pastries without leaving your home
Required costs: from 10-15 thousand rubles.
It is not at all necessary to have a special education to cook homemade goodies. Many women who cook well are successful in this business line. For work, you will need very little: a mixer, kitchen utensils. Any attentive hostess has it all in the kitchen. Additionally, you can purchase special equipment with which you can knead the dough.
A regular small oven will suffice. Special attention should be paid to baking recipes and their appearance. Taste and aesthetic qualities must be at their best so that buyers are interested in the product. You can subsequently sell baked goods on the street or fulfill orders from restaurants and coffee shops.
Having started with a hobby in woodworking, the spouses Ruslan and Elizaveta Kurashov, without a business plan, built a small company for the production of photographic backgrounds, branded boxes and various interior details. Every month, on average, at least 15 clients turn to them, and the revenue of their family business reaches 100,000 rubles.
Ruslan Kurashov, founder of the WoodenWooden workshop, tells about the first order, business from scratch and start-up investments. urnal.
How the idea came about
The WoodenWooden workshop is a small family business born after our wedding in 2021. Until that moment, neither I nor my wife Elizabeth had any business experience. After graduating from high school in my hometown of Degtyarsk, Sverdlovsk Oblast, I moved to Yekaterinburg to study at the Ural Federal University with a degree in Marketing of Industrial Products. Marketing attracted me with the possibility of creative implementation and work in advertising.
The university gave me not only useful knowledge, but also introduced me to my future wife. Liza initially planned to connect her life with biology or ecology, but in the end she was advised to enter UrFU at the Faculty of State and Municipal Finance.
Immediately after passing the state exams, I got a job at Japan Tobacco International, where I worked for almost six years - first as a territory development specialist, and then in the marketing department as a supervisor for working with end users. Lisa worked at a bank.
Our workshop has always existed in parallel with the main place of work, for almost three years we did not even legally register our business: during the day we went to the office, and in the evenings and on weekends we did what we loved. We worked with large orders through the individual entrepreneurs of my parents, who are also engaged in woodworking.
It all started in 2021, when we decided to rent out the decor that we made with our own hands for our own wedding. At the same time, as the same decor, we offered our customers various cuts of wood and hemp. After some time, we realized that these cuts, and not our decor, are more popular, and decided to focus on this direction. At the end of 2021, a flower workshop ordered a wooden screen from us for the implementation of one project, and we consider this order to be the beginning of our family business.
Organic Growth and Hardware Investment
The WoodenWooden workshop makes various wood products: photography backdrops, saw cuts, branded boxes, interior details and gifts. The monthly revenue reaches 100,000 rubles, the average check for a private client is 1,000 - 2,000 rubles, for a corporate client - 3,000 - 4,000 rubles. The most popular items in the assortment are wooden photo backdrops (the cost depending on the size is from 1,800 to 4,000 rubles) and saw cuts (from 70 rubles for a small saw cut without grinding to 6,000 for a giant saw cut with resin pouring and full processing). The high season is autumn and the beginning of winter, but during the year, on average, 15-20 clients per month come.
Our workshop started out as a hobby, so we didn't make any business plan, we just took tools from Lisa's parents' garage and decided to do woodwork. Moreover, we did not have any woodworking skills: I am a marketer, Liza is an economist, nothing in common except the desire to do something with our own hands, we didn’t have anything with wood until that moment.
- 1 Technology for the production of plastic products
- 2 Step-by-step plan for starting a production of plastic products
- 3 How much you can earn
- 4 How much money is needed to start a business
- 5 What equipment to choose for organizing a business
- 6 Which OKVED to indicate when registering with the tax office
- 7 What documents are needed to open cases
- 8 Which taxation system to choose for work
- 9 Do I need a permit to open
There is technology to make thousands of plastic items that are widely used in everyday life. This is vacuum forming.
It is enough to have special equipment (which, moreover, is not so difficult to make by yourself), sheets of thermoplastic - and you can open a private production.
The range of products that the consumer will receive is wide enough:
In the manufacture of plastic products, you can create a good business idea.
Why so much attention is paid to plastic in our time?
Probably due to the fact that at the moment it is one of the most inexpensive materials.
In addition, plastic has valuable qualities:
- Plasticity. Takes various forms quite easily;
- Strength. Take, for example, monolithic sheet polycarbonate, which is only slightly inferior to metal in terms of impact resistance;
- Does not corrode. An important quality, especially if you make products that are constantly exposed to moisture;
- Resistance to aggressive environments;
- Lightness of the material. For example, fiberglass has the same optical parameters as glass, but its weight is 2 times less, which allows using less expensive support structures;
- Recyclable. If wood after its service life is only suitable as fuel, then plastic can be recycled a large number of times, getting various new products.
Products in transparent plastic packaging are confidently leading the market. Intuitively, a person trusts more the ability to visually evaluate a product (especially food products) than beautiful advertising inscriptions.
Technology of plastic products production
All the work on obtaining plastic products is performed by a vacuum unit, while the operator performs simple actions and controls the process.