Wood continues to be one of the materials widely used in human activity.
Timber is used in construction, furniture, household items and paper, as a raw material for the chemical industry. Therefore, logging and wood processing is considered an important production segment.
From an economic point of view, timber processing and sale is a promising profitable business. This is true in the case of an entrepreneur providing logistics, conditions for the manufacture of competitive products, and rapid capital turnover.
Is it profitable to do forestry
A comprehensive assessment will be helped by:
- Calculation of the cost price, the approximate price of unprocessed wood, lumber produced.
- Demand analysis. In the timber trade, consumers are building bases, shops of building materials, enterprises that produce secondary wood processing, trade intermediaries, and private individuals. For each category, you should take into account the volume of demand and ability to pay.
- Analysis of the competitive environment. The review considers enterprises operating in the same market segments, taking into account production volumes, assortment, pricing policy, geography (addresses of the head office, retail outlets, location of raw material suppliers) and logistics.
The results of the calculations will form the basis of the business plan and will answer the question of how profitable the trade is. According to average estimates, a banal wholesale resale brings in about 250 rubles. profit per 1 m³ of products.
The profitability of the business for the production and sale of sawn timber is much higher - 1 m³ of timber gives 750-2021 rubles. income.
The choice is determined by the purpose of the final product:
Hello blog readers and subscribers. Andrei Noak is in touch. Today I will tell you how to create a VIP forestry business. Of course, this will only be part of the information that the future business owner needs to know.
The time comes when the processes of dumped-brought-sawed end, today we need smart technological processes of management and organization in production. It is no longer enough to work simply as collective farmers, it is necessary to introduce new technological innovations. Someone thinks that my business is simply not going well, but in fact, you just need to change it, you need to make it more transparent and profitable.
In the article I will touch upon the issues of the correctness of the definition of the structure of production, construction of process technology, education of the team; I will share the secrets from my own experience. From the material you will learn what you need to pay attention to in the first place when planning production.
We will not talk much about investments in this article now, but I want to say that this is a very serious and important point and about 40% of the success of your future business depends on investments.
Forestry business organization
Any enterprise consists of sections and functional departments. In small production, as a rule, there are no departments, but their functions are still performed. In order to understand how the enterprise will function in the future, when planning the production process, you need to think in advance about the presence of specific departments and establish the tasks that will be assigned to them. We help to properly organize the structure, which in the future can only be gradually pumped (you can also use our help).
An example of departments and tasks assigned to them:
- Energy - the minimum consumption of electricity, heat energy, the longest possible operation of electrical equipment. Also, measures to reduce costs, such as control of electricity per cubic meter of wood, etc.;
- Technological - minimum raw material costs, increase in product quality, there are at least 40 activities only in the sawmill;
- Mechanical - reducing equipment downtime due to timely repair;
- Automated process control systems (automated process control systems) - minimal human involvement directly in production;
- Informational (at more developed enterprises) - video surveillance, information security of production, etc.
- Organizational is another important criterion, about 30% of the success of the enterprise depends on the owner, I want to note from the owner, not the manager.
If you want to get a successful enterprise, each of these areas needs to be pumped, and special attention should be paid to organizational, technological and mechanical areas.
Material on the topic: "Business idea forest" with full explanation and justification.
forest business from scratch
When we talk about the forestry business, we usually mean working with wood. This type of business is quite technological, in the sense that it requires quite a certain amount of equipment, personnel serving this equipment, as well as fuels and lubricants. Therefore, it is quite difficult to expect to start such a forestry business from scratch - nevertheless, the initial costs here are likely to be substantial (of course, except for those cases when you already have the equipment necessary for felling, transporting and sawing wood).
Therefore, today we propose to look at the forest business from a slightly different angle, namely, to use from the gifts of Nature not only wood, but also what is called wild plants. These are mushrooms, berries, nuts, medicinal plants, resin, cones, needles, roots, ferns and everything else that grows in the forest and is in demand among the population.
In this area of the forestry business, on the one hand, everything is easier, and on the other, more difficult than in timber harvesting.
Of course, when working with wild plants, there is a lot of manual labor, and here it is a sacred thing to engage in employment of the local rural population. Usually in villages there are big problems with work, so finding employees is not difficult. But at the same time, the mentality of the villagers is often such that they do not work stably and not necessarily, they abuse alcohol, etc. Therefore, if you manage to put together a good solid staff of conscientious workers - consider that the success of your company is 90% guaranteed!
Another important point when harvesting wild plants is the development and implementation of canning technologies for the collected raw materials. After all, different types of wild plants require completely different processing methods: some need to be dried in the shade, some in the sun, some require immediate fermentation immediately after harvest, some need to be boiled in sugar, some just need to be salted in a strong saline solution, for some you need equipment for shock freezing, etc.
That is, the qualifications of the specialists who will deal with this are very important for obtaining good quality goods. But on the other hand, all these technological processes are not so complicated that an ordinary village mistress could not cope with them - therefore, again, if you have a solid staff, you can easily teach them all the intricacies of the correct industrial harvesting of wild plants.
Now let's touch on the seasonality of ripening of wild plants. In different areas, the list of harvested gifts of nature will differ, but, in any case, each wild plant has its own collection time, so this business is seasonal in nature. But usually in the forest, not one kind of plant suitable for harvesting grows, but several - and the ripening time for them will most likely be different, so the seasonality will not be so pronounced.
And the last but very important point. When working with wild plants, it is important not only to collect and properly prepare them, but also to sell them to someone. That is, at the very beginning of the creation of a forest business on wild plants, it is necessary to attend to the sales market. Whether you will cooperate with retail chains or just negotiate with wholesalers-resellers is not so important, the main thing is that the goods go to the buyer on time. Since the natural product, as you know, does not have a very long shelf life.
Business ideas from scratch
The timber industry in any country occupies a significant segment of all production. Therefore, many entrepreneurs seriously think about what income can be obtained from woodworking and what is needed for the manufactured products to be competitive not only in the domestic market, but also internationally.
It is important to understand that such success can be achieved if you use only high-quality and modern technical equipment in your production. So, the first piece of advice is not to spare money on good equipment.
But before you start looking for and purchasing all the necessary equipment, you should answer the following questions:
- What exactly will you make, and will these products be in demand?
- Where will the woodworking shop be located?
- How many people will be work?
- Do you need insurance?
Well, if you still can't answer all these questions with confidence, then these 5 steps will help you decide everything.
Step Registration of the company and business plan
First of all, before registering your company, you should carefully analyze the modern market. Find out what is in demand and what is not. What material is used to make a particular product, how many competing companies there are, and whether such a business would be profitable. This is why a business plan is drawn up.
It should be noted that if you are not strong in such matters, then now there are many firms that are engaged in drawing up business plans for a variety of enterprises. Thanks to the business plan, which consists of many sections of assessment and analysis, you can get acquainted not only with your competitors, but also learn about all the factors that affect the forestry and woodworking industry. In addition, a high-quality business plan also assumes the following:
- Calculation of the average price for manufactured products.
- Analysis of all possible buyers and customers for your products. It should be understood that in most cases you will have to cooperate with hardware stores and companies that manufacture furniture or recycling, as well as with people who own summer cottages.
- An overview of all kinds of companies that will create competition for you in the market, as well as their level of competitiveness. When compiling this analysis, the location of the enterprise, its productivity, pricing policy, asset stability and much more are taken into account. It should be noted that this report will include both your data and all competitors. This will help you to analyze the entire market well.
Only after you have a high-quality business plan, only then can you safely go and register your future enterprise, especially since there is nothing complicated here. But first of all, you should collect all the documents necessary for this, if you do not want to deal with the collection of all documents, then you can turn to any law firm for help, and they will help you with everything. It should be noted that you can register a company that will be engaged in woodworking in any organizational form, but you must have the following documents:
- Tax accounting.
- A document from a pension fund.
- Code assignment and registration from the statistics committee.
- Health insurance.
- Having a bank account.
Well, after registering a business, you should take care of the premises as well.
Russia has the most significant forest reserves, almost a quarter of the world's total.
The forests of our country represent a colossal resource base.
At the same time, no more than half of all wood waste is used, and in Siberia, that is, in the “forest” region of our country, no more than 35% of wood raw materials.
The rest is simply thrown away without any attempt at disposal.
Remains not reworked:
- woody greens;
Thus, the figures indicate the availability of business development opportunities in this industry.
In the recent past, sawmill waste was simply destroyed. A business built on the basis of wood waste processing is:
- promising ;
- not requiring significant investments;
- having an accessible production organization.
Waste products in the woodworking and forestry industries are lumpy and soft waste: