DIY greenhouse production: how to start a business from scratch
Individual entrepreneurs and managers of different organizations are faced with the question of the return on business. Contrary to expectations, it is easy to calculate this indicator, as well as to change it.
What is business profitability
Business profitability - calculation of expenses and income of the company. The owner of an enterprise invests in its development and promotion: he pays for advertising, uses partner programs, etc. After the production starts, the "plus" and "minus" are counted. The difference in these indicators is the profitability of the organization.
Formula for calculating business profitability and examples
The classic and simplest calculation formula involves finding the quotient between profit and cost or an asset or total expense. Further, this quotient multiplies by 100%:
(Profit / Cost [or asset or expense]) * 100%
For example, an enterprise selling cosmetics invested 1.5 million rubles in the promotion and creation of a cosmetics line. Revenue in the first quarter amounted to 500,000 rubles, in the second - 600,000, the third and fourth (due to a drop in demand) - 400,000 rubles, respectively. In this case, the profitability of a trade organization is defined as: (600,000 + 400,000 * 2 + 500,000) / 1,500,000 * 100% = 126.7%
Here the undertaking is successful, as the annual income has brought a profit that is 26.7% higher than the investment.
The indicator can be calculated for assets as well. For example, in the past year, the profitability of IgPro LLC was 1.2 million. The value of assets was 3.5 million. / P>
The calculation looks like this: 1,200,000 / 3,500,000 * 100% = 34.3%. Business here is also profitable.
Dumplings production as a business: where to start, profitability, reviews. Today these questions are of interest to many.
Like all other areas of business, the production of dumplings has its advantages and disadvantages. Briefly about the first:
- Lack of seasonality - they are equally in demand at any time of the year.
- High return on business - with proper planning, all costs can be recouped after 3 months of work.
- Undemanding investment - at the initial stage, a fairly modest amount is required.
- Undemanding staffing, at least at the initial stage. Also, you don't have to buy expensive equipment, rent a workshop or office.
- Availability of ingredients and ease of manufacture.
- Good prospects for small businesses.
The disadvantages include high competition. This is especially true for large cities. The only alternative is to increase the quality of the sticky dumplings. Saving on meat or spices in this case is a path to failure.
Download a detailed business plan for the dumplings workshop for free.
So where do you start? Any business production requires a certain amount of time to prepare. In the case of the dumplings business, it usually takes about 2 months to resolve a number of organizational and related issues.
At the first stage, conduct a market analysis and collect as much information as possible about the activities of competitors. A necessary step is to analyze a niche in your city.
Business registration is a mandatory step. This alone often takes a lot of time, up to 2 weeks, and the associated costs can reach 10 thousand rubles.
Finally, if we are talking about large-scale production, you will need to find a room for which you need to obtain permits from the SES.
Profitability helps measure a company's performance by pointing out the company's weaknesses. It provides an opportunity to correct mistakes in actions and change an ineffective direction of activity.
Profitability is often called a key indicator when analyzing company projects. This happens because when calculating the profitability, it is possible to understand how well the project is performing from the financial side and what level of return on funds is achieved.
Often, profitability should be calculated even before the project starts. Startups are evaluated based on profitability forecasts. This is useful not only for investors but also for the entrepreneur working on the project. Calculating profitability early on allows you to determine the success of an idea even before its implementation. This allows you to avoid mistakes and not invest in obviously bad ideas.
Profitability is defined as a coefficient. The higher it is, the more profitable the company or project.
Reasons for calculating profitability:
- the ability to forecast profits;
- comparison of indicators with competitors;
- this is the basis for justifying investments;
- option determining the market value of the company.
What shows the profitability and how it is measured
Profitability is considered to be a relative measure of economic efficiency. It shows the level of efficiency of all types of company resources and natural resources.
The profitability ratio is the ratio of profit to the set of associated resources. Expressed in profit per unit of funds invested in production. Sometimes the indicator is determined in%.
Formula for calculating profitability
Despite the fact that we have given many types of calculating profitability, there is a general formula for determining it:
Take as a gift my many years of experience - the book "Auto Sales via Blog"
profitability of production is
Do you want to know how to earn 50 thousand monthly on the Internet? Watch my video interview with Igor Krestinin = >> "How to earn 50 thousand or more a month guaranteed"
How to find out if an enterprise, company, firm is effective? What formulas are used to determine the effectiveness or unprofitableness of business projects?
In terms of such indicators as profit, cost, it is impossible to obtain an objective assessment, to see the real picture of the results of the profitability of any enterprise.
These absolute figures allow us to estimate the effect of production. But it is impossible to find out how resources, property, and enterprise capacity are used by these indicators.
In order to find out how effective a business of any size is, we need relative indicators that allow us to evaluate and compare the effectiveness of the business as a whole, of all its parts separately.
For this, a simple formula was derived, in which you need to divide the total balance sheet profit by the amount of fixed assets.
This is the formula: Net profit / cost - called the profitability of production.
What is production profitability?
Now the same thing, but in simple and understandable language. That is, using practical examples, or as they say, "explaining on the fingers" what is the profitability of production.
For example, you sold goods or services for five million rubles, after deducting all expenses that include the cost of goods, logistics, employee salaries, taxes, rent, utility bills, advertising costs, and so on, you received the amount of net profit, let's say - one million rubles.
Now let's divide one million rubles of net profit, into revenue - five million rubles. We get an indicator of profitability equal to 0.2, or 20 percent.
Demand creates supply. This common truth is the best way to characterize the state of affairs in agriculture. The high demand for environmentally friendly food products motivates people to start their own business of growing vegetables, fruits and herbs. In view of this, related industries are actively developing, inextricably linked with agriculture. This includes the production of greenhouses.
Greenhouse production as a business is profitable, but seasonal. Gradually adjusting the production of metal structures, offering customers favorable prices and additional services, you can earn a lot of money. Greenhouses are in demand among summer residents, farmers, land owners. And not casual. The design protects the crop from adverse weather conditions, allows you to grow various crops all year round.
What you need to know about greenhouses
Providing quality service directly depends on your awareness of all the intricacies of the production of the proposed product. Therefore, before drawing up a business plan, registering an individual entrepreneur, purchasing equipment, carefully familiarize yourself with all the features of greenhouses. By purpose, they are divided into:
- industrial. Large-scale buildings in which various crops can be grown all year round: vegetables, fruits, herbs, flowers. Equipped with an automatic irrigation system, thermal drives, LED lamps, a heating system, wind speed and air pressure sensors, a steam generator;
- farm. As in the first case, the structures are designed for year-round operation. In most cases they are made of polycarbonate and equipped according to the client's wishes;
- amateur. Various materials are used for their construction: glass, film, polycarbonate. This is the simplest type of greenhouse, so they usually do not have an automated irrigation system. Such greenhouses are used seasonally, dismantled if necessary.
Greenhouses differ in design. They are:
- arched. The ergonomic design looks like a tunnel; there is a rounded vault called an arch. The transverse bridges give the product rigidity, due to which the operational properties of the greenhouse increase, it does not deform under the influence of strong winds.
- single slope. An excellent option for those who need to save useful space on their site. Greenhouses are most often erected near the walls of the house, which face south. It is appropriate to use a hill or a natural slope as a support for this structure. A frame is used to install a ground greenhouse; a foundation pit is required to equip a deep structure.
- gable. The peculiarity of the greenhouse is its roof, the slope angle of which is 21 degrees. Therefore, snow, rainwater do not linger on the surface of the structure, do not violate the integrity of the covering material. You can attach a greenhouse next to the wall of the house or build it separately.
What material to make the frame from
The choice of frame plays an important role in the greenhouse manufacturing process. After all, it depends on him how much the structure will be durable. Today the bases are made of wood and metal.
Initially, wood was used for the construction of the greenhouse. The material is environmentally friendly, has a relatively low cost, and retains heat well. But the performance characteristics of such a frame leave much to be desired. The tree does not tolerate low temperatures, deforms under the influence of moisture or direct sunlight.
If the client plans to use the greenhouse all year round, it makes sense to offer him an option from a shaped steel pipe. The material is not subject to corrosion, withstands significant snow load. Among the disadvantages, one can note the high cost of a shaped steel pipe and its heavy weight.