Business idea: plywood production
Investments: from 2,960,000 rubles
Payback: from 10 months
The production of plywood can generate a good income at the present time, because few repairs cost without the use of this functional and relatively cheap material. Let's take a closer look at this business idea.
Plywood is a multi-layer sheet building material made from veneer sheets of different wood species. The most popular and in great demand is birch plywood.
From the point of view of profitability, the most profitable is the production of plywood by the peeling method. The brand of glue used in production affects the type of material:
- FC - plywood with low moisture resistance (for interior decoration).
- FSF is a material with high moisture resistance (it can only be used for outdoor work due to its high toxicity).
Standard dimensions of plywood sheets are:
- 1525x1525 mm;
- 1220x2440 mm;
- 1500x3000 mm;
- 1525x3050 mm.
However, the purchase of equipment and raw materials will not be enough to launch a mini-plant. First of all, you will have to competently think over the strategy for the implementation of the business idea, develop an appropriate plan and correctly assess the possible prospects for the development of the company. Then you can avoid unnecessary expenses.
What is required for implementation?
To implement a business idea for the production of plywood, several tasks have to be solved:
- decide on the scale - will it be a large enterprise or a small plant;
- draw up a business plan that will allow calculating the amount of investment required to open a company; <
- to analyze the competitive environment in the market in this industry.
Sheet plywood is a material with a multi-layer structure, consisting of thin veneer layers of various wood species, glued with a special glue.
In the modern market, plywood is one of the most widespread and demanded cladding and partition building materials.
The range of works with its application is incredibly wide: from furniture production and interior finishing works to finishing facades and roofing construction. Thus, plywood production as a business brings a stable income and pays off quickly enough.
Opening a business
Large-scale production of sheet plywood has a number of advantages over small-volume enterprises. These advantages include: the ability to carry out large-scale private and orders, cashless payments for these orders and production automation.
However, opening a large business for the production of plywood of the form of ownership of an LLC is more expensive and will require a lot of permits from the environmental and fire services.
An alternative to large-scale production can be the opening of a small workshop, registered as an individual entrepreneur and engaged in the manufacture of one type of sheet products in small and medium volumes.
Calculation of profitability and payback of production
If you open the production of unpolished plywood, you need to take into account that the production of 1m2 of sheet material takes about 1.6m2 of wood. The most suitable material in terms of performance in this case will be birch.
If the estimated monthly production volume is 50m2 or more, the cost of manufacturing products will be approximately as follows:
- Workshop rent - 90,000 rubles;
- Remuneration of employees - 110,000 rubles;
- Raw materials base per month (birch and glue) - 300,000 rubles;
- Reserve funds - 40,000 rubles.
Total, for opening and a month of operation of the enterprise, you need to invest about 700,000 rubles. The market price of plywood is about 18,000 rubles / m2, based on which the monthly profit will be around 270,000 rubles. - so much you can earn.
The average profitability of plywood production is 40%, which means that this production will pay off in about a year.
The boom in the furniture business has passed, however, investment in production and sales, if it is proposed to own creative furniture of its own manufacture, is worth undertaking. A 40% profitability, with proper quality and demand, will allow you to steadily earn or expand production, hire additional workers.
Initial investment - 50,000 rubles.
Market saturation - medium.
Difficulty starting a business - 4/10.
How to start a plywood furniture production from scratch?
The idea of grabbing at every order indiscriminately is disastrous: a lot of equipment and tooling will be required. Think about entering a fairly narrow niche where you are guaranteed to find customers, and the competition is not so great. Specialization for a specific consumer or type of product pays off.
Let's leave the registration of an LLC or individual entrepreneur and taxation aside. At the first stage, the appearance of the product, design features, maintainability, and selection of premises are really important. Salaried or owned, it must comply with norms and standards.
Minimum Requirement Criteria:
- fire safety;
- emergency evacuation exit;
- free space for actions in the working and storage area;
- sufficient illumination;
- compliance with temperature and humidity conditions;
- exhaust ventilation;
- regular removal of combustible waste.
DIY plywood furniture business
Browse the forums. Ideas soar, roll underfoot. If you saw it, grabbed it - in a few months you will win back the investment. To copy what is in the salons is to waste time and be left with nothing. Take the risk of introducing new products. Surprise, shock. The buyer loves with his eyes.
The production of plywood for construction or furniture production as a business project attracts with high profitability and a quick return on investment. The technology itself makes it possible to make high quality plywood from available raw materials. With a properly established production process, in a short time, you can master the production of products that meet all the conditions of GOST, offering consumers a wide range of products.
Varieties of plywood
This material can be classified according to several criteria. One of the classifications is the division by the type of processing. The basis of the material is wood veneer with a thickness of 1-1.4 mm. In the process of making plywood, a layer of adhesive is applied to the veneer, and then the sheets are glued together. Depending on what composition the glue has and is classified according to the type of processing:
- FC is the most common type of plywood. When gluing, urea-based adhesives are used.
- FSF - phenol-formaldehyde glue is used for this type of board. This material is highly durable and moisture resistant.
- FBS - Bakelite glue is used for this material. This type of plywood can withstand heavy loads and does not change shape with temperature fluctuations.
- FBA - veneer in this type of material is glued with albumin-casein glue. This is the most environmentally friendly material. The only drawback is he is afraid of moisture.
- BV - plywood glued with water-soluble bakelite glue. With all its positive qualities, this variety is afraid of moisture.
- FOF - veneer layers are glued together using formaldehyde resin, while having high-quality cladding on one or both sides. This species has a very high density and strength.
There is another classification of this material. Regardless of the type of plywood, it is divided into four grades:
- Grade One - the minimum number of flaws on the surface. The entire surface is homogeneous without knots and cracks.
- Second grade - slight warpage and cracks are allowed on the surface. In the inner and outer layers, inserts are allowed in the places of knots and wormholes.
- Sort third - may have visible defects with inserts. The presence of wormholes up to 6 mm is allowed.
- Fourth grade - there may be many defects, in addition, uneven edges of the edges of the sheets are allowed with a difference of up to 5 mm.
Plywood production technology
Plywood production technology today implies minimal use of manual labor. Most of the operations in the technological process are carried out by machine tools and robotic lines. But, even with such a high level of development of equipment for plywood production, one cannot do without professional personnel.
The most important operations in the production process - selection of wood, rejection, selection of high-quality veneer is carried out manually. But among the necessary equipment for the production of plywood should be:
- debarking machine;
- a bath for soaking blanks;
- a peeling machine;
- guillotine; li >
- tunnel dryer;
- gluing machine;
- gluing line;
- hot and cold gluing presses;
- panel saw;
- grinding machine.
Own enterprise for the production of building materials is a rather complex, but at the same time promising and profitable business. Construction does not stop even in difficult economic conditions, so the demand for such products is consistently high. Plywood production in Russia is developing rapidly. If you organize such a business, you can safely count on a decent, stable income.
The main consumers of plywood in our country are furniture manufacturing and construction companies. Over the past five years, the demand for this material has grown by 12.2%. Basically, plywood is supplied to the domestic market from abroad. The share of imported material is approximately 55%. The main importers of such products are Egypt and Germany.
Since the Russian market is not completely saturated with this product, if you open a plywood plant, it will bring a good profit.
Scope and advantages of the material
- Light weight;
- Resistance to stress;
- High moisture resistance;
- Wear resistance;
- Environmental friendliness.
Consider the main types of plywood:
Before deciding on the range of products, it is necessary to draw up a business plan for the production of plywood and develop a competent business strategy. Thanks to this, you can roughly calculate how much money will be needed to open a business and how much profit it will bring.
Since this production is associated with the use of hazardous materials, in particular glue, it is necessary to obtain permission from environmentalists. In addition, permits will have to be issued at the fire inspection.