How to organize the work of an online store (business plan)
- 1 Online store: a step-by-step plan for starting a business
- 2 How much money is needed to start
- 3 Opportunities to make money on an online store
- 4 What equipment is needed for an online grocery store
- 5 Documents and permits
- 6 What can be sold in an online store of unique products
- 7 What should be an Internet site grocery store
- 8 Where to find suppliers for an online grocery store
- 9 Secrets of fast delivery: how to find a courier to transport your groceries
The times of large supermarkets and retail chains are gradually becoming a thing of the past. Today people have to visit several stores to get the goods they need. Since hyper and supermarkets often offer a different range of products, even in the middle price range. Some of the offers may simply be missing in other stores.
If earlier it seemed like a miracle to have a large number of goods on the shelves, today the spoiled customer is becoming more and more capricious. Buyers no longer want to waste time driving through several supermarkets, and even more so, for a long walk from shelf to shelf, choosing the desired product.
This is especially noticeable after "office time" when many people go to shops after work.
The online store of unique products makes it possible to collect the most popular products in the form of cards to provide visitors with a wide range. For starters, you can deliver products from supermarkets using courier services, and over time, store the most popular goods in your own warehouse. This will make it possible to quickly provide customers with fresh and high-quality products.
Therefore, an online store where you can choose goods without leaving their home is a great alternative to a supermarket. An online store can not only offer the buyer an interesting choice of goods, but also solve problems such as saving time and, often, money.
Online Store: Step-by-Step Business Startup Plan
Opening an online grocery store is more difficult than any other online store. If you work as an intermediary, delivering groceries from the supermarket, it is unlikely that your store will gain popularity, although this is possible. But it is best to organize your own logistics system. Therefore, you will need:
- Find and rent a warehouse space.
- Purchase refrigeration equipment.
- Rent a transport for the delivery of products, which must be equipped with a thermal body.
- Create a store website.
- Register a business.
- Resolve the supply of products and their delivery to customers.
- Make an advertising campaign.
How much money does it take to launch
Let's make a reservation right away, it is profitable to open a large online grocery store either in a big city or count on the most solvent population. Good advertising will help, which should convince people that buying in an online store is not only profitable, but also prestigious.
So, when drawing up a business plan, you need to start from prices that are relevant in the region. Taking into account the registration of a business, rental of premises and transport, website development, purchase of equipment, advertising and payment for courier delivery, you will need to invest from 300 thousand rubles at the very minimum level.
The retail trade started this year quite diversely, some segments are holding their positions, in general, there is a decline in real volumes, with nominal growth (devaluation with inflation did their job), although there are openly problem areas, in particular retail sales cars. The situation can be described as slow stagnation, although the government is living with optimistic plans and is talking about a boom in the near future. Whether there will be a boom or not is a rather philosophical question, let's leave it to economists, today I want to talk about one niche that, despite general pessimism, is growing, albeit at a slow pace. Agree when everyone "falls" then even a small increase is an achievement. We will focus on online commerce.
Is it worth opening your own online store or not?
Should or not be engaged in your own online store, the question from the category is it or not, do business at all! If it is decided that the business should be, then as one of the options, you even need to consider Internet commerce. However, for those who want to quickly "cut down" money, I can say one thing, the implementation of such a project is quite troublesome, not implying instant returns. Practice shows that the real payback of electronic stores on average ranges from one to two years. I agree that there are positive examples where the project paid off in just a few months, but to a greater extent this is a long process. Let's take a look at all the pros and cons:
Advantages of opening an online store.
- is a relatively small cost to start from scratch. At least compared to the opening of an ordinary shop, where the amount of expenses only for equipment will be higher.
- - the minimum running costs associated with maintaining the online store. A real store is staff, rental costs, utilities. On the network, even if things are not going well, all current costs can be minimized (hosting a website, domain, phone).
- - a huge selection of trade directions. Actually, you can trade anything (of course, within the framework of the legislation), and no one bothers to create separate niche Internet projects for certain groups of goods.
- - access to a huge number of potential buyers throughout the country and even the planet. It sounds pretentious, but by and large, you can easily sell Russian nesting dolls to Americans, or ice cream to Africa. The limitation is the shipping cost. Will it be profitable to sell products to another point, city, country, taking into account delivery, and will it provide the proper level of profitability and profitability of the business?
Cons of organizing an online store
- - high competition in popular segments. Today, the level of e-commerce in the vastness of Russia has reached the level that we can talk about high competition in the most common niches, such as online clothing stores, technology. The opening of such projects is a really difficult process that requires large investments. True, a huge number of highly specialized segments are either empty, or have a very low level of competition, we will talk about such projects further, do not forget to subscribe. By the way, competition is created not only by domestic projects, but global giants are entering the Russian market, creating Russified services.
- - the need to study the methods of search engine promotion, optimization and other "tricks" related to the Internet. I agree, you can order, but you need to understand at least the basics yourself. Studying will have to in any case.
- - mandatory availability of money for advertising. Compared to a real store, an online store requires much more investment in advertising, both in search engine promotion itself and in the banal purchase of visitors from YAN (Yandex) or Adsense (Google). Depending on the topic, you can use other sources such as banners, teasers or direct sales. An advertising budget for organizing an online store from scratch is simply necessary.
Despite the significant drawbacks in e-commerce, there are many advantages, they are balanced and, in general, the idea of such trading deserves attention, of course, under one main condition!
The main condition for the success and profitability of an online store is the presence of a good, unbroken business idea, this is where the secret of success lies.
Which online store should you open?
The choice of a business idea for opening an electronic store is the most important, crucial moment. Initially, I can say one thing, today does not exist, but there cannot be a ready-made answer, which store is profitable and which is not. The success of a store depends on many factors, which you should pay special attention to when choosing an idea:
First, what idea to use, there are several approaches:
The second is the organizational structure. We distinguish two different approaches:
What sells best on the Internet is finding a niche and organizing online trading
The organization of Internet sales is attractive for relatively low costs at the initial stage of the online store and making the first profit in a short time.
Choosing a Niche
First of all, you need to decide on a niche, that is, with the category of goods with which it is really profitable to work.
The most demanded now are the sale of household appliances, cosmetics, perfumery, gifts and souvenirs, as well as pet supplies.
If we talk about household appliances, the competition in this niche is quite high, but the demand for such products is huge.
Many business women prefer to use the Internet to order the goods they like, so the sale of cosmetics is a very relevant direction.
The surcharge for gifts and souvenirs can range from 100 to 200%.
Market will help to estimate the number of competitors in a specific niche. andex. u or wordstat. andex. u.
Keep in mind that a small number of competitors does not always indicate that you have found an unoccupied niche. Perhaps the buyers' interest in it is negligible, so the first point of the online store's business plan should be to identify demand in the "virtual market".
Working with suppliers
The next step is to find suppliers. Several options are possible here.
Today, many know from their own experience, to open their own business requires not only time and effort, but also a large investment. Today, online stores are more popular than ever, where you can sell anything. Best of all are in demand: clothes, shoes, toys and other children's products, but also not in the last rows are various gardening and construction products. So, let's find out how much it costs to open an online store today, and what product will be most in demand.
How to create passive income in 4 days
A marathon where you will create passive live income from scratch and learn specific strategies for investing in apartments, houses, garages, cars and even profitable sites
There are many ways to open an online store. And if you already have a store or have money to buy a ready-made business, then this store can be modified under the "Show room". In it, you can sell items bought from the manufacturer or made by yourself. For example, you can knit sweaters, sew dresses, trousers, skirts, blouses, make jewelry, etc. To do this, you can hire several people who will work at home or in a specially designated room - a workshop.
Which job profile should you choose for the store?
If you woke up one morning and you had an idea to open an online store from scratch, then first of all decide what it will specialize in. Maybe the following ideas will help you when choosing products for sales:
- Goods that are not officially imported to Russia. This does not mean that you will become a smuggler or deal with counterfeit products. These products are not offered by official dealers, such as office equipment.
- Rare and exclusive goods. Very often, your hobby can be the impetus for starting a business. You specialize in this area, so development will not be difficult for you. It is not necessary to embroider with beads or a cross to sell your products, you can sell everything for craftsmanship.
- Informational sales. Such sales are convenient because no start-up capital is needed. But such a product also has disadvantages, since the information must be unique and valuable for the buyer. There is also a high risk of articles being stolen.
- Jewelry. Today such stores are in demand and popular. Selling expensive and exclusive jewelry can be very profitable. People tend to immediately invest in goods that will always be in demand, and not save up for them. For example, precious stones.
- Food. Such goods are gaining momentum every day. A person can order products in bulk. There are also innovations like smart home. If the refrigerator is empty or there is not enough product, it automatically sends a request to the store. The refrigerator can be programmed to send food every day
It is important for people to save money and time, and an online store is a great option. Often women send their husbands to the store, and they strive to make their life completely easier by making a purchase in one click. An online store in this direction is very profitable and convenient, but not in a small town, where a grocery store is within walking distance.
Recruiting staff for an online store
The minimum staff of an online store is its great advantage. In an online store, the seller and the director can be one person, and if you are also a programmer, then you can save a lot of money. It is more convenient, of course, to have a couple of service personnel in the store. Success and advancement will depend on the understanding, experience and personality of the people.
There are a number of must-have features for a store's success:
- ordering goods, communicating with product suppliers;
- working with customers by phone, moreover, better live, or through social networks;
- order processing and better instant;
- product dispatch.
How much can you earn from an online store?
Want to open your own online store? Instagram has a proposal: a minimum investment, a simple organization, a huge audience. What else do you need to successfully organize sales through social networks? Let's analyze it in the article.
Today, social networks are universal platforms for business, where you can not only keep in touch with customers, but also open online stores. According to statistics, sales through social networks account for over 20% of the Russian online market. And according to forecasts, this share will increase every year.
An online store on Instagram is an excellent solution for those who want to sell goods or services without high costs. A page on Instagram can be both an additional sales platform, as well as the main platform operating in the format of an online store. We will consider an option for aspiring entrepreneurs: how to open an online store on Instagram, attract customers and establish online sales.
Advantages of a store on Instagram
Instagram works great for online sales. The monthly audience of the social network is more than 1 billion users, about 500 thousand people use the application every day. Here lies a huge potential for attracting customers.
Why you should open an online store on Instagram:
A little capital is required to start. Save on hosting, domain, website development. Everything is already working on the platform of "Instagram" itself;
Customer proximity: you can constantly interact with potential customers, stimulate repeat orders, learn their preferences in order to form interesting offers;
Simple presentation, i.e. an account on a social network is a ready-made online catalog that can accommodate any number of goods;
Potential audience and profit growth is unlimited;
Free and paid tools can be used for promotion, which expands the marketing capabilities of even small projects.