Do-it-yourself satellite Internet: sorting out mistakes in popular tips
The modern pace of life assumes unlimited, fast and reliable access to information on the global Internet. And where there are no cellular and terrestrial providers, satellite operators compete for customers. The technology is distinguished by the organization of the "last mile" between the operator and the user - information "from" and "to" the subscriber is transmitted through a satellite channel.
Unfortunately, the satellite terminal is not a constructor to bribe its components and assemble it like a nesting doll. The exact list of equipment will depend on:
- the frequency range used;
- the installation location (whether you are in the center of the beam or in the outer zone);
- the vendor selected by the satellite provider * to provide services (often when switching to another operator - you will have to replace the entire set); * satellite equipment manufacturer
- requirements for access and necessary services (Internet access vs VPN access).
Therefore, be careful and do not follow the advice: "Buy everything you need, and then choose where to connect."
"And you can see everyone ..." - yes, most Russian VSAT operators place automatic "Satellite finders" on their Internet resources, where you just need to put a dot on the map, and the system will offer you the best options for completing a satellite terminal.
"Antenna must have Ku-band"
For everyone in the know, the advice won't come in. In general, the topic of ranges is a separate story, which we have already told about. The main thing is to know that the antenna / dish as a whole does not care deeply at what frequency the spacecraft (spacecraft) "shines" on it or at what frequency the data is sent from it to the spacecraft - it works like a mirror.
The use of a certain range is conditioned by hitting the coverage of one or another satellite and / or its beams. Got hit by the Ka-band and the Ku-band at the same time? - congratulations, you have a choice. The rest will have to work with what is at the required point.
"The antenna must have Ku-band ... and there are no other restrictions on elements and equipment to connect satellite Internet with your own hands, no"
For those who are especially inquisitive, we suggest re-reading items 1. and 2. And everything that is written below.
"The antenna must have a diameter, -, m"
Satellite Internet as a business idea will help organize a fast-payback small business using new technologies.
Let's start with the terms. Satellite Internet is Internet access, which is carried out by installing a special antenna with a terminal-router. The difference between satellite Internet access and dial-up, GPRS-Internet is the speed of the connection.
Many regions of Russia charge a very high price for 1 megabyte of transmitted information, so satellite Internet is a real alternative to the main providers.
With the help of satellite Internet, you can access the Network at a price of 35 kopecks per 1 Megabyte or lower, and the connection speed will be higher than usual network providers.
Thanks to the purchase and installation of equipment for receiving this Internet, you can connect many subscribers to a single channel.
Equipment for conducting an access network through a satellite consists of a router terminal, a hub, a parabolic antenna.
The secret of big money or the "Key to profit" strategy I want to share my own experience: I'll tell you about my way of making big money .. more
Having set up access, you need to put money into the account of the satellite provider, connect subscribers.
There are several options for attracting users: - Place ads in the entrances; - to tell friends, thanks to which word of mouth will work.
Business idea: satellite Internet
Buy a ready-made business plan A business plan for a telecommunications provider implies the creation of an organization that is an intermediary between the higher-level provider and the users. In other words, the company buys traffic at a wholesale price and redistributes it to customers at retail.
ISP: Current Business Idea
It is hard to overestimate the prospects of a business providing Internet provider services: every six months the demand for services increases by 25%. Another 90% of customers would like to improve the quality of access.
Company description and list of services
The list of the main services provided by the Internet provider should include:
- providing access to the global network;
- creating autonomous corporate networks;
- leasing servers;
- placement of client equipment on the territory of the company.
The provision of Internet telephony services, access to digital television channels can be considered as sources of additional income.
Types of ISPs
ISPs can be classified by technology used:
- Modem connection - access to the network using a telephone line. One of the first technologies, which was first implemented through a Dial-Up connection, was replaced by a more advanced one - ADSL.
- Optical technologies - the cable is made of glass and plastic, which allows the light signal, which transmits information, to cover great distances. It can be connected directly to a computer or via a Wi-Fi router.
- IP-telephony - digital television and communication, customized for individual user requests.
- Wireless Internet - access via a modem that is connected to the provider's base station using WiMax, WiFi, LTE, 3G, GPRS or EDGE technologies.
- DOCSIS technology - information is transmitted over a coaxial cable through a modem, which splits the signal to the TV and the device receiving the Internet.
- Satellite Internet - the signal is transmitted through a special antenna, which allows you to access the network from almost anywhere in the world.
Possible ways to connect the network
Two-way satellite Internet is an excellent solution for companies whose branches and divisions are located in regions with difficult accessibility. In the realities of Russia, it is usually difficult to provide stable communications for the northern and Far Eastern regions, where the laying of ground communication lines is impossible or very expensive.
To connect satellite Internet, you need a small set of equipment, consisting of a modem and a VSAT antenna. They connect directly to computers or telecommunication systems.
Features and benefits of the service
BUSINESS TELECOM offers a stable and high-speed connection via a separate dedicated satellite channel. Today it is the only technology available in every part of the country.
Internet via satellite allows you to combine various business units into a single local network, organize remote access, arrange video conferencing, video surveillance, transmission of telemetric data, etc.
The advantages of this technology:
- simple interaction of various company structures, regardless of their location;
- organization of a stable Internet connection anywhere in the country;
- an exception interruptions in connection;
- provision of the main and backup communication channels;
- work with the data center and "cloud" services;
- high-speed work of the Internet connection.
How is the service going?
Satellite Internet is suitable for any business. For the clients of BUSINESS TELECOM this service has a lot of advantages, including:
- excellent speed of sending and receiving data;
- prompt installation of equipment (specific terms depend on the distance of the connection point);
- various tariffs for any needs and opportunities;
- transparency of the pricing policy (control of funds, no hidden fees, etc.);
- reliability of the connection (no need to worry about damage to the cable network); li >
- simple customization.
Satellite Internet Kit
- antenna ;
- reflector for it;
- feed bar;
- satellite router;
- transceiver operating in the KA-band;
- earth cable.
For legal entities that want to connect to satellite Internet, the managers of "BUSINESS-TELECOM" are always ready to offer the most individual and favorable conditions.
Telecommunication equipment has reached such a level of development when it is possible to connect to the World Wide Web in the most remote place of the country. Satellite Internet is a way to connect to the network just for houses remote from base stations and large settlements. It guarantees a stable and strong signal, but along with its advantages, it also has disadvantages. What Internet is better to connect? Let's take a closer look at the characteristics of home satellite Internet and how it works.
How satellite internet works
Several satellites revolve in Earth orbit, which transmit information to subscribers' devices that enter their coverage area. A large satellite coverage area is the main plus of satellite Internet. One satellite can cover the territory of an entire state and even the mainland. Through the satellite, you can broadcast the Internet signal, cable TV, with the help of the satellite you can make phone calls.
Internet Connection Types
Depending on the organization of the incoming and outgoing signal, there are two types of connection to the satellite Internet:
- Symmetric - Antenna, receiver and transmitter receive data from the satellite. The transmitter responsible for the transfer costs about 30 thousand. Due to the high cost of the equipment, this method of connecting it is popular with subscribers. To function, the system needs a DVB card, a dish and an amplifier for it.
- Asymmetric - it only needs a cheap receiver, and the outgoing call is processed through terrestrial channels. This method of connecting to the World Wide Web is the most popular. On his side are inexpensive installation and low prices for equipment. In addition, asymmetric internet access guarantees a high quality and stable signal.
If, following the example of many subscribers, you have chosen a two-way or asymmetric satellite method, you need to remember some of its features:
- network speed may differ from the one declared by the provider. What speed the satellite Internet has depends on the degree of network congestion, weather, the accuracy of the dish pointed at the satellite, and the technical parameters of the equipment.
- there are signal delays, so playing online games that require instant response will not work.
- a particular provider works with equipment that is incompatible with that of another provider. If you change your satellite Internet provider, you will have to change the entire set of equipment.
To connect your home to satellite Internet, you will need:
- antenna for receiving and transmitting a signal, installed on the roof, popularly a dish,
- a transceiver that stands on the antenna feed,
- terminal for receiving and transmitting information,
- cables connecting parts of the set.