Business idea for growing berries
Sooner or later, there comes a moment X, at which a person begins to think, and what's next. It is not so important whether he came to this idea himself or under the influence of external factors (job loss, low salary, job dissatisfaction). One of the options for what to do next may be the answer - to go into business, but which one?
There are not so many options for starting a business from scratch, within the framework of this article we will analyze one of the most effective ways (from my subjective point of view) to find an idea in a village business.
For the sake of fairness, I can say that I myself am now organizing such a project of village business, I think in the near future I will describe the directions that I have mastered, do not forget to subscribe to the blog. I personally believe that this is the best way to create your own business with a future perspective.
Within the framework of this block, we will talk about breeding, that is, animal husbandry. There is a misconception that you can start breeding any animal from scratch and immediately get big profits.
To be honest, in reality you can really breed anything, up to hippos (they are bred in the zoo), but in practice, not all types of such cultivation are profitable, and even more so will give a return in a relatively short period ( a year or two).
Breeding as a village business from scratch
The first place is predictably taken by pig breeding. Alas, on the territory of Russia there is no more profitable livestock sector for a small business in a village. Of course, it will seem trivial, but to open a profitable village business, it makes sense to go into pig farming. It is worth noting that there are two directions (although they can be combined): growing for meat and selling piglets. It is the sale of piglets that is much more profitable, but also a more labor-intensive direction.
Nutria are in second place. By most indicators, growing nutria can be considered one of the most attractive for starting your village business from scratch. It is possible to make cages and corrals for them from scrap materials, animals tolerate cold well, relatively fast growth, strong immunity, the presence of both meat (dietary) and skins. Practical experience shows that a nutria family (3 females and a male) in one year (with offspring) fully pays for the construction of pens, feed, and even gives a profit.
Third place - ducks. Growing ducks as a business in a village has only one big advantage, if you start from scratch, then they will help you make quick money, maybe not very much, but the level of profitability of 30-40% in 2 -3 months can be guaranteed.
The fourth place is beekeeping. In terms of profitability, it is one of the most profitable business ideas in the village, but in terms of the level of "head" pain and nuances in keeping bees, it is also in the first place. In fact, breeding bees is quite troublesome, here it is also important to have "flowering" fields, large farms in the district (at friends last year, after treatment with herbicides, half of the bees fell), care (so that the swarm does not fly away), wintering (feeding), and so on Further. Breeding experience has shown that there are both very successful seasons and completely unsuccessful ones, it all depends on the owner and approach.
Fifth place - quail breeding. The main advantage of this idea of a village business is the minimum requirements, both in terms of area and the level of investment. Actually, you can successfully breed quails in a room with an area of 20-30 squares for 500-700 pieces, getting 150-200 eggs and 2-3 kilograms of meat (in carcasses) every day.
Every year more and more people are thinking about the benefits of healthy and environmentally friendly food, and if twenty years ago the vast majority gravitated towards hearty fast food, today many men and women will choose a not fat, incomprehensible cutlet for a snack , and a glass of juicy berries. Actually, a person's awareness of the need for normal, environmentally friendly food opens up wide opportunities for entrepreneurs in the field of producing quality products.
In agriculture, there are many opportunities to start highly profitable businesses, such as growing walnuts, setting up an apiary or building a smokehouse. Also, you can make a big profit by growing fruit and berry bushes:
- Sea buckthorn
It would seem that these are common berries for everyone and, nevertheless, in our country these crops are practically not produced on an industrial scale, although the demand for them, especially in cities, is very high.
Fruit and berry crops do not require special care, while they are very popular in the market and buyers are willing to pay a fair price for berries.
The initial investment is insignificant and directly depends on how much land you have, what kind of berries you are going to grow, and how large-scale you will develop your business. Over the weekend, you can plant 2-3 hectares of fruit and berry bushes and get the first harvest in a few months. But experts advise to remove the ovaries of berries in the first year, which helps to form a strong, healthy bush.
Growing berries is a delicious and profitable business
Growing berry bushes
It is not so difficult to grow sea buckthorn, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, currants and gooseberries, but you still have to remove weeds and parasites. To make it easier for yourself to remove weeds, buy a walk-behind tractor.
Fruit and berry bushes should be planted in late spring, already in a heated soil. Before planting, the seedlings need to be soaked for two days in warm water, and the pit should be filled with 30 liters of water and compost should be added, half filling the pits with it. After planting, the seedlings should be well watered again.
Culture Planting hole diameter (cm) Planting hole depth (cm) Distance between plants (cm) Currant 604070-130 Gooseberry 6040 120-150 Raspberry 503030-50 Blackberry, raspberry 5030150 Honeysuckle6040200 Sea buckthorn4040 200-250
- 1 How it works: the original move of Italian farmers
- 2 Three in one: how to make money on a virtual plot
- 3 Virtual summer cottage in Russia: how much it will cost and where to start
The beloved Farm Frenzy game has now migrated from the World Wide Web to real life. Rather, this business idea from Europe combines virtual and real actions. The project was carried out by the Italian company Azienda Agricola Giacomo Ferraris, calling it Le verdure del mio orto, Vegetables from my garden. And the Italians were able to follow the cultivation of vegetables without leaving the computer screens.
How it works: an original move by Italian farmers
Anyone can register on the company's website and choose a site for himself by clicking on the "сrea il tuo orto" button, "create your own vegetable garden". The most interesting thing here is that vegetable gardens actually exist and are located in the north of Italy. Plots are offered in different sizes, depending on the number of family members: 2-3 people, 3-4 people, 4-5 people, and for large families up to 10 people. For those who have their own restaurant or shop, there are special offers.
It is believed that 30 square meters will be enough for two people. meters, for three - 60 sq. meters, etc. It also indicates how many vegetables can be obtained from the site per week.
After the user has selected a site, it is necessary to proceed with the selection of vegetables that he would like to plant on it. The site offers more than 39 types of them, and are described in detail:
The user only has to decide which vegetables he wants to plant and in which territory. Then a contract for a year is already concluded. For each plot, a rent is charged from 16 euros per week or more, depending on the area.
Then the farmers start growing real vegetables on the real plot. The vegetables are grown organic.
Additional services are introduced at the request of tenants:
- photo report, thanks to which the client can see how his vegetables are growing (cost 49 euros);
- installation of a scarecrow with the client's face, which creates the effect of his presence on plot (40 euros).
The idea of delivering vegetables is no less interesting. They are delivered to customers immediately after collection within 24 hours, in specially made packaging for this purpose. The latest developments belong to the Institute of European Design (Milan).
Growing flowers, vegetables or fruits at home is considered a lucrative area of private enterprise. In this case, there are no additional costs for renting premises and staff salaries. In addition, this is a great way to try your hand at a new business without investing significant amounts in it. As the business expands, they attract investment and increase production areas.
What to grow at home
Let's look at the most popular ideas for home growing:
CategoryTypesRoomRipening rateSeasonal DemandInitial investment, rub. cost of maintenance per month, rub. profitabilityPaybackGreenDillPlot 35-40 daysSpringHigh, especially in winterConstruction of a greenhouse - 1500 per 1 sq. ... transport, packaging 2021 On average 20-65%, during a period of active demand up to 200% from 1 month only with overhead costs ParsleyHouse 30-45 days Summer Lamps 10 000 Fertilizers, inventory 3000 2-3 years subject to the construction of a greenhouse and the installation of special equipment Spinach Apartment 30-35 days Early autumn Drip irrigation 12 000 Basilic65 -90 daysWinter with a heated room Purchase of seeds, fertilizers, inventory - 10,000 Green onions 20 days Packing material - 2,000 Salad 35-40 days Advertising - 10,000 (commercial offer, website, business cards, etc.) Total from an area of 20 sq. ... 50005000 Profit per month 50 000 Vegetables Cucumbers Plot 45-50 days Summer High Greenhouse construction - 1500 per 1 sq. ... transport, packaging 2021 to 200% with existing equipment and a greenhouse from 2 months Zucchini 35-40 days Beginning of autumn Drip irrigation 12 000 Fertilizers, inventory 5000 During the construction of a greenhouse 2 years Tomatoes 80-140 days Purchase of seeds, fertilizers, inventory - 10 000 Garlic 100 days Advertising - 10 000 (website and offer, business cards etc.) Total from an area of 20 sq. ... 20217000 Profit for the season 4 months up to 150 000 Fruits, berries Apples Plot For 2-5 years after planting Summer High Purchase of seedlings 10 000 Transport, packaging 2021 100% in the long term 2-3 years Strawberries Autumn Fertilizers, chemicals 3000 Fertilizers, pest treatment Variety of vegetables - 10 000 Raspberries site, etc.) Total for a plot of 6 acres 230004000 Profit for the season 4 months up to 100 000 Indoor flowers Orchids Plot from 3 months to 2-3 years (adult plant) All year round Average seed, fertilizer 7 000 Electricity costs 500030-40% from 3 months 10,000 Rose SpathiphyllumAdvertising - 10,000 (commercial offer, business cards, website, etc.) Total 31,000 6,000 Profit per month 20,000
Each of these types of business has advantages and difficulties in implementation. First of all, you need to have at least minimal knowledge and experience in the chosen industry.
Important! Business success is 90% dependent on the quality of care and compliance with the required environmental characteristics (temperature, humidity, light, fertilizer, soil composition).
The demand for products is consistently high due to the trend for natural products. People understand that vegetables bought from a private entrepreneur are much healthier and fresher than from a store shelf. Particular attention should be paid to the sales market, because it will not be possible to store the manufactured products for a long time.
Greens and Edible Herbs
Advantages of growing greenery:
- Low cost of planting material for breeding at home.
- Rapid growth, 3-4 kg of finished product are removed from one square meter per month. Green onions can be removed up to 15 kg.
- Fast payback, high demand at any time of the year.
- Planting is undemanding, able to withstand short-term frosts, resistant to bad weather conditions.
- You do not need to have any special knowledge, it is easy to organize the cultivation.
Important advice! You need to choose early and hardy varieties, then the profitability of the business will increase.
Why can a growing and breeding business be profitable? Because people will always buy a product created in this area. And they want to buy an environmentally friendly product. This is what you should go for when setting up a home business. If you breed and grow a tasty, high-quality product, then the demand for it will always be high.
business ideas for cultivation and breeding
I have prepared 173 business ideas for you in the field of breeding and rearing. Each idea has its own characteristics, besides, you can combine business with anything.
Raise livestock, poultry, exotic and domestic animals. Rodents for wool, worms and fish are also popular.
Breeding animals for meat and other products
- Rabbits. An extension, cages, warm conditions are needed. The meat will be appreciated.
- Baranov. It needs a large annex and a place to walk. Profit from meat and wool.
- Horses. Horses go for meat, for competitions, and for milk - making kumis.
- Camels. Camels are valued even as carriers of goods, but weather conditions are important for divorce.
- Pigs. Pig breeding is mainly used for meat. But you can keep piglets for breeding and subsequent sale.
- Sheep. Conditions are not too whimsical. In temperate climates, it is possible to practice sheep breeding.
- Goats. This economy does not require a lot of effort.
- Mangalitsy. One of the pigs is Hungarian, which is also popular with farmers.
- Vietnamese pigs. This unpretentious animal can be bred on your own farm.
- Roe deer. Requires a large area and a special climate.
- Cows for milk. Cows need pasture, complementary foods and care to get a quality product.
- Gobies for meat. The goby is fattened on average in 1.5-2.5 years.
- Reindeer. You won't surprise anyone with a reindeer farm, try it too.
- Poultry for meat. For a good income, breed a large poultry farm.
- Bird for eggs. Eggs, in turn, can be sold as food and for incubators.
- In incubators. Here eggs are laid in incubators.
- Doves. Pigeons are in demand both as food and, for example, for weddings.
- Weft. You can eat meat and eggs. They are not whimsical in the weather, but they eat a lot.
- Geese. Geese meat is highly valued.
- Broilers. Broilers are kept for meat.
- Layers. Laying hens have one goal - as many eggs as possible for sale.
- Indoor. Indo-women are very whimsical to weather conditions and do not tolerate frost.
- Guinea fowl. Home conditions "exotic chicken" endure without difficulty.
- Fazanov. Eggs and meat are highly prized for their beneficial properties.
- Canaries. Canaries can also be bred at home.
- Turkeys. It is important to create conditions for turkeys, because this bird is a kind of "destroyer".
- Partridge. Another poultry for meat, with more demand than supply.
- Quails. Quails are most often bred for eggs.
Exotic & Pets
- Turtles. For example, for pet stores. Take care of the conditions.
- Parrots. It can be bred even in cities in apartments for sale.
- Raccoons. The raccoon is becoming a very fashionable pet.
- Hedgehogs. A good pet that needs certain conditions.
- Pedigree dogs. A profitable business of breeding dogs, since you can find your own breed for your conditions.
- Pedigree cats. Unusual breeds are appreciated.
- Aquarium fish. Breeding in an apartment as a business fish idea for cities.
- Peacocks. Business is just beginning, but there is demand, for example, zoos need them.
- Ostriches. Special conditions will have to be created for ostriches.
- Snake. Here you can breed poisonous for the extraction of poison, and harmless.
Rodents and others for fur and other useful equivalents
- Chinchillas. Rodents are highly prized for their fur and also as an exotic pet.
- Nutria. They are bred for fur and meat, although they can also become a pet.
- Sable. It is also appreciated for its fur and has long been popular in our regions.
- Arctic foxes. Another animal that is bred for fur.
- Minks. Mink, like other animals, is raised for fur.
- Protein. Proteins can be used as a pet at their summer cottage.
- Bobrov. Sadly, beavers are also allowed to fur.
- Badger. Badgers are famous for their fat, so the business is profitable.
- Ferrets. Ferrets can be sold as pets.
- Mice and rats. Diluted, for example, as food or for biological experiments.
- Guinea pigs. It is important here to carefully select a pair for breeding.